Chapter 10: The Walking Grimm

While searching for Brawnz Ni, Qrow Branwen and James Ironwood confront each other after weeks of heated rivalry...

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Background: Remnant is in ruins. An unknown virus that originated from the Grimm has now infected all of mankind and faunus alike. The consequence; once you die, you corpse is reanimated, turning you into what is known as a "zombie".

In Vale, a group of survivors led by Qrow and Ironwood attempt to find sanctuary...

CASTING

1) Qrow Branwen as Rick Grimes

2) James Ironwood as Shane Walsh

3) Brawnz Ni as Randall

4) Taiyang Xiao Long as Hershel Greene

5) Flynt Coal as T-Dog

6) Summer Rose as Lori Grimes

7) Ruby Rose as Carl Grimes

8) Lie Ren as Glenn Rhee

9) Cinder Fall as Daryl Dixon

10) Raven Branwen (renamed "Raven Hullum") as Carol Peletier

UNSEEN CASTING (implied by the character relationships)

1) Yang Xiao Long as Maggie Greene

2) Arthur Watts as Merle Dixon

3) Vernal as Sophia Peletier

4) Leonardo Lionheart as Dale Horvath

THEN

Setting: The Xiao Long family farm

"QROW! QROW!"

Qrow Branwen and the others stopped looking around the barn when they heard James Ironwood calling Qrow's name. They were all still rattled from earlier; Brawnz Ni, a man who they were holding captive because he was part of a gang of marauders that attacked Qrow, Ren, and Taiyang, had somehow escaped his chains. It puzzled all of them since they made sure that there was no way the man could've broken out.

Ironwood, though, knew the truth. It was because he was the one who let Brawnz Ni out. Earlier, he had let the man out, making it look like he escaped. Then, after making it a mile away from the farm, Ironwood killed Brawnz. He then went on to injure himself to make it look like he had fought Brawnz.

It was all according to plan. No matter what...he was going to regain control of the group from Qrow. Not only that...he was going to convince Summer Rose that he was better for her. By the time he was done, Summer would forgive him and fall back into his arms while Ruby Rose wouldn't think twice about calling him 'dad'.

"What happened?!" Summer shouted back, surprised that Ironwood's nose was bleeding.

"He's armed!" Ironwood lied, "He's got my gun! He's got Due Process!"

"Are you okay?!" Ruby shouted, turning green from all the blood on Ironwood's face.

Ironwood shrugged it off. "I'm fine, little bastard just snuck up on me. Clocked me in the face!"

Qrow had heard enough. This was an emergency and, first things first, he had to make sure the group was safe. No way this bastard was going to get away from the area.

"All right," Qrow said, facing the group, "Taiyang, Flynt Coal, get everybody back in the house! Ren, Cinder Fall, come with us!"

The group nodded along, agreeing with the plan. Cinder, still confused as to how this whole situation arose in the first place, loaded up her arrows and grabbed her bow. Meanwhile, Ren sighed, dreading the fact that he had to go back into the forest to find this marauder.