Chapter 1

"I think the rumour is true. Mr Patil surely hired a ghostwriter for his other books."

"Aisha you should have become a writer instead of a reporter.", Jiya was Aisha's best friend and one of the biggest fans of Mr Patil. She was in her 20s. She had a brown face like an average Indian. But the glow on it was incomparable. Her face was bright and embraced the scars. She was skinny. Could have ended up flying when the wind blew. Her hairs were short till the neck and curled at the end. She was interested in reading. Her observation of minor faults and stories supported her blogs and book reviews.

She loved his writings a lot. It inspired her, taught her and supported her. She felt every word and understood the essence of it. She never failed to attend the fan sign event. She was totally into his writing. It was his books that made her fond of reading. Never thought that she would stalk a writer.

Though Mr. Patil was a great writer who inspired many youngsters but recently his style of writing took a new path. It suddenly changed. His new book faced a lot of hate. Many of the haters claimed that he hired a ghostwriter. Mr Patil had to go through many accidents. He was mentally harassed by the people. Looking at the outrage he faced his agency announced a press conference. Many readers said that he would tell his secret. He would announce his secret writer. There were many rumours surrounding curiosity. Those rumours spread very fast that the press conference soon turned into a concert. No wonder Jiya was also present there.

....

"Good afternoon my dear friends", it was the cold voice came flying through the mike. Jiya alerted herself. Her ears rose. Her heartbeats increased to a rate she never experienced. She put her thoughts aside. She carefully listened to his words. As if it was important as life and death. She knew the fact he didn't hire a ghostwriter. But she wanted to listen it from his mouth. She was listening patiently and trying to believe that he didn't hire anyone.

"I would like to announce my resignation from this industry. I don't want to write anymore. It's not because of this hate you blessed me with. But I realised the fact that I am incapable of writing. To be honest I never wanted to publish the book but still, I gave it a chance. But now I think I should stop. And about those rumours, I think you should read my new novel, which will also be my last novel. It will be available in the market soon. I have written the whole story of mine. I don't care about your response then.

Thanks for the support you provided to my literature. Keep smiling and be happy."

His words were fired like bullets, right into her heart. She didn't want him to quit writing. It's not because she loved his writing a lot but she saw the love he poured into his writings. She tried to understand him through his novel. She knew his love for novels. It was like oxygen for his life. She wanted to stop him but she didn't. Instead, she chooses to read the book and then decide. Her mind was haunted by endless questions. She wanted to know the reason behind his resignation.

She hurried to purchase the book as soon as it become available in the market. It became a hit. As many people wanted to read it. But it was hard to believe those facts traced on the pages. Many called that book a romantic fantasy and fictional. But still, it was one of his best works. Though many people hated this novel, many supported him. Many wanted him to restart his writing. But he stuck to his decision. He never showed up again.

Jiya was amazed by the book. She believed it. She wanted him to bring back into the industry. But he disappeared.....