Chapter 11

(Down to memory lane)

"I am tired." it was normal for Antara to get tired when the clock stuck 4.

"Let's have some fun Tanay. How about we go outside?"

"It's raining. I am not going anywhere. We need to finish this before the last date of submission."

"Look we can finish it before. We are at the end stage after all. Just let your worries stay alone in this lab and enjoy my company. And it's not raining at all"

"But it will rain. And I hate to go outside while it's raining."

"If this is your final decision then bye, I am off."

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Somewhere, to a place my mind wishes to go"

"And where is this place?"

"Why are you even asking as you not going to accompany me? Bye, have the worst day."

"Hey, are you cursing me? Answer me! Where are you going without answering? Heyy!!" without hearing me she slack off. Though I denied her the next second I regretted it. So without wasting a minute I took off my coat and went behind her.

"Didn't you deny? Why are you following me?" after seeing me by her side she asked the questions, actually unanswerable question. The answer that I didn't even know.

"Just because I am afraid to be alone." I just gave some random excuse but she was smart enough to catch my lie.

"You should have told me some different excuse so I can believe it" Her face was smiling with its wit.

~~~~~

When I woke up, I was in bed and it was noon. I turned to my left and not was kept on the side table. "Yesterday you fainted as I told you about her. I called the doctor. He said that it was due to the shock you got from hearing the news. So he prescribed a few medicines. I have kept them on the side table with the prescription. Food is been kept in the kitchen. Eat it and take the medicines on time. See you at night. Take care!"

Rishi was like a big brother to me. He always took care of me when I was ill. His care just reminded me of my mom. Reading the note my face glowed up but soon it turned off as her face popped in front of my eyes. I wasn't able to get over the pain and the questions. The reason behind her suicide troubled me. I knew only one thing: my answers were hidden in past, at the place where she ended her life.

~~~~~

(Down to memory lane)

We arrived at the top of the mountain near our town. I drove my bicycle to the top. I realised that she was too heavy than she looked. Anyways that was our first long drive. I felt happy when she sat in the backseat and I took her to the mountain. What a romantic ride it was! My heart was beating fast. And my dried throat. She was the second sat in the backseat of my cycle. The first one was my younger sister. We sat under a tree. It was amazing, the view of the town from the mountain. Thanks to her I was able to see it. The wind blew and her hair flew along. She was looking so pretty. Her smile and the pain in her eyes were visible. Her vision became vivid as her tears covered her pupil. I was unconsciously staring at her.

"I thought you came here to enjoy the view."

"And I am enjoying." my face was smiling brightly in her eyes.

"Sorry," It was the moment I knew I messed up. I was staring at her.

"I mean... I ... the view is beautiful...I am enjoying it. Wow! What a view."

"Ohh...Really!!" her giggle was noticeable. I did repeat the mistake. I was sending clues to her but I, I was clueless. I didn't know that I loved her by then. But she understood everything. Her face expressed it quite clearly.

There was complete silence around and the wind was making noise. My mind was full of thoughts of her. I forgot everything but she was dwelling in my thoughts. 'I am in love with her', my mind told me and I felt the happiness of eternity. I wanted to treasure this moment, to pause it and never let it pass by...