Chapter 2

Under the blue sky there lies the world of humans. A typical world where love seems to be important and pure. For me, love was the only thing that can make your life complete. And I didn't fall for any other girl. But she was different. I always felt like living in a new world around her. She was as blank as paper and had no emotions. Her cold face and wise thoughts always triggered my emotions. It was then I started loving to spend time with her. The more I got close to her, the more I became interested in her. Not a word of her felt boring. She was Intelligent, creative and overshadowed her dark skin by her bright words. I felt her beauty in her every action. Her skills of playing with words never failed to impress the readers and listeners. Though later she became my happiness, initially I hated her...

"Excuse me, are you Tanay Patil?"

"Yes, why?"

"My name is Antara. I am a new student. I heard you are the class president so I needed your help in my academics."

Antara joined the school in 11th std. She was intelligent but hated bookish language. She was much more interested in studying things practically

"What help do you need.", I asked her.

"I face difficulty while understanding some chapters. Will you explain me.", She tried to make a cute face. Her appealing smile was irritating though. As for an introverted guy like me, it was irritating. And I hate people when they try to use such tricks to accept their requests.

"Fine. I will help you whenever you need me. But respect my time.", I never accepted such requests in my life. Being a bright student, I had many such requests but I usually denied them. But for some reason, I was unable to deny her request. Maybe my mood was good on that day, I don't remember. After that day we rarely had any conversation. She made many friends. She was on good terms with everyone as she helped them. But I was the only person who never got close to her because of my hate towards her. I used to hate her appearance. Already she had dark and dry skin she never seemed to be taking care of it. I do remember how careless, dumb and clumsy she was. And she used to waste her precious time. She was intelligent though. My tough competition. I always pointed out her mistakes. Maybe that was my nature. But she then changed it. She always saw the good qualities of others and praised them for that. She was awesome in every sense. It took me a lot of time to understand her and finally, I fell into her.

~~~~

"There will be a science exhibition held in our school in Feb. I hope you will participate and will try to explore more ideas.", Prachi ma'am our physics teacher declared.

I was very excited about the exhibition. I also had many ideas and wanted to explore it. One day I was writing the procedure of my project in the classroom, and Antara came near me and asked for help, "I heard you are alone making the project. I can help you. I liked your idea. We can become a good team...."

" I don't need anyone. I am fine alone.", I regret for rejecting her. But she was so persistent that she persuaded me.

"I can help you. Please, take me."

"Again that face. You know I hate it. But I can't accept your proposal. Besides what is your contribution? The idea is mine. And the rest thing, I am capable of doing it. So I don't need anyone. And hate to do such projects in a team. It only results in a mess. So please choose someone else. I won't help you", I was rather rude to her. I again regret everything.

"I know your project is too good. It's futuristic. But what about its execution? I know you are scared about it. You only know halfway there. Let me help the other half."

"I am not facing any difficulties. Stop playing with words"

"Do you think I am playing with words or are you lying? I heard your conversation with our senior. It wasn't intentional though. But unfortunately, he doesn't have time to solve your problem. So I can help you."

"So how are you going to help me."

"It means you accept you need someone's help."

"Let it be, I have my ways."

"Ok.. ok ... sorry, I will tell you but first let's eat something."