Chapter 18

"For fucks sake [Y/N] I'm trying to protect you! I can't do that if you get yourself hurt!" Hawks was angry with her, for once.

"It was an accident and you're making it worse!" She winced feeling his hands on her.

"Worse? Worse?! I'm trying to bandage it now stop squirming you ungrateful brat!" Hawks held the bandages in one hand, her ankle in the other(the one not covered in a chain that is).

"Well it was your fault I'm here anyway you fucker!" [Y/N] spat back at him kicking him with both her legs, wincing everytime Hawks dug his nails in her ankle.

"Fine!" Hawks stood letting go of her ankle and throwing the bandages somewhere in the room, he stepped back and picked Midnight up before opening the door and letting Midnight go, outside [Y/N]'s room.

"Midnight!" [Y/N] cried standing up and making her way to the door Hawks grabbed her shoulders and pushed her onto the bed, she fell easily and without a fight. The lack of food she was eating made her dizzy.

"You can have Midnight back when you learn to not be such an ungrateful brat," Hawks spat leaving out the door and slamming it shut making [Y/N] jump.

"Stupid fucking cunt," [Y/N] groaned walking over to the door and trying to pry it open, hurting her fingernails in the process but making some deep scratches with her quirk. She then began kicking it and calling through it only proceeding in hurting herself more due to the force behind her kicks and her lack of food.

She laid there for ages just staring up at the ceiling, her stomach tugging at her more and more as time went on. The door opened and Hawks stepped in quickly shutting the door behind him to prevent Midnight from entering. He was carrying a sandwich, not that [Y/N] knew as she wasn't looking at him.

"Please eat honey," Hawks pleaded placing the plate down on the side, it had been four days with no food so far and he was getting worried. [Y/N] shook her head, "If you don't eat I won't feed Midnight," Hawks spoke deliberately and cautiously.

"What!" She sat bolt up, making her slightly dizzy. "You can't," She cried feeling deflated, her eyes searching his face to try and make sure he was telling the truth. He was, he looked upset. "Okay, okay I'll eat just please feed Midnight," She begged grabbing the plate with a ham and cheese sandwich on. Hawks watched her eat, his mind spinning as she had begged him.

She had begged him! God her words were like the sweetest honey as it drew him in even further. She was just perfect. He would have fed Midnight either way but the fact she believed him was exhilarating. She ate hungrily fitting as much in as she could, like a hamster. He looked down at her ankle, still not bandaged.

A cut wrapped itself around the girls ankle, it wasn't deep or big enough to need stitches thank god but it needed to be bandaged so she didn't get infected. She had caught her ankle on the drawer, the sharp edge because Hawks had come into the room and made her jump. He felt angry that she was hurt more than anything, he was supposed to protect her and he couldn't even do that. He was a poor excuse for a hero.

"Can I bandage it now?" Hawks asked much calmer than before, [Y/N] followed his eyes to her ankle. She had been so focused on her sandwich that she had forgotten about her ankle. [Y/N] looked at it. She swallowed her bite.

"Does it need it?" She asked hesitantly, he was no exclusively responsible for Midnight's care and she loved Midnight for than herself. So if she had to play nice with her captor she would.

"I don't want it to get infected is all," Hawks responded trying to keep calm despite the fact this was the most normal conversation they've had ever.

"Okay you can bandage it," [Y/N] answered thinking of her cat and stuffing her face once more, Hawks moved over to her ankle before realising he had thrown the bandages somewhere in the room. [Y/N] watched him closely, the empty plate still in her lap, as he walked around the room looking for the bandages.

"Found them," Hawks smiled lightly after finding the bandages. He padded over to the woman laid in the bed and gently grasped her ankle, he began wrapping her ankle in the bandages. "Sorry for getting angry," Hawks whispered, [Y/N] made no indication she heard him but he didn't say it again.

Once her ankle was bandaged Hawks looked over at the chain, it looked pretty on her ankle but it seemed it was detrimental to their budding relationship. Hawks looked into [Y/N]'s eyes who looked back.

"If you are a good girl tomorrow and do as I ask." He started softly still staring at her eyes, hands still on her ankle, "I will remove the chain," His words made [Y/N] perk up. "But only when I am here when I leave for work or at night the chain stays on, and you have to stay in your room."

[Y/N] considered the possibilities, get the chain off but be confined to her room or stay in the chain still confined to her room. The lack of chain would make things easier. She nodded her head confirming the agreement. Hawks' smile grew to his ears, she seems to be coming around.