Chapter 19

The clink of the chain was all that entered her ears as she stared holes into the chain and the hesitant hands on her ankle. It was coming off today. She had played nice yesterday so the chain was coming off. She had yet to see Midnight but the chain was coming off, one more step closer to freedom. Hawks took the key from his pocket and slipped it into the lock before turning it. A metallic click was heard as the chain opened releasing her ankle. Hawks grabbed the chain and began folding it up to put near the wall where it was locked onto.

[Y/N] grasped her now free ankle in her hands feeling the smooth skin slightly chaffed and red but free and smooth. Her eyes were gleaming but her mouth did not smile, she wouldn't let her captor see her smile. Hawks soon came back over but now with a small tub in his hands.

"I've got some cream here to put on your ankle," He spoke gently like coaxing a small animal, "Do you want me to put it on or you?" He asked showing her the tub of cream. She looked at it hesitantly before she reached out for it, her fingertips brushing his. Tingles shot up their arms from their hands, two different emotions filled them. She with fear and he with love. The tub in her hands was pulled close to her chest, her eyes on Hawks who had a pink tint to his cheeks.

"I'll do it," She spoke gently, her eyes never leaving him. Hawks nodded and moved away from the bed towards the door.

"Okay I'll get you some food sweetheart," Hawks spoke a smile reaching his ears as he wandered into the kitchen, door shut behind him as he did so.

[Y/N] began applying the cream to her ankle, the coolness of it soothing the red skin. Her shoulders slumped in happiness seeing her ankle free of restraints. If she continued to play nice maybe he would allow her out into the rest of the apartment and see Midnight then she could come up with a plan once she's seen the layout. Okay she's managed to come up with a plan within the time she had put the cream on her ankle.

A while after the cream was on her ankle Hawks came back in carrying a steaming bowl of beef stew. He handed it to her along with some utensils and she dug in, her eyes switching rapidly between her food and Hawks who was just watching her. It was creepy. She swallowed her mouthful.

"Can you not watch me eat?" [Y/N] asked feeling annoyed, Hawks blinked before looking away, going towards the covered window in the room. [Y/N] began eating her again looking towards Hawks at the window. He opened the blinds allowing sunlight to spill into the room, his eyes scanned the view seeing nothing incriminating so he allowed the blinds to continue being open.

"Do you want any books or anything?" Hawks asked looking over at the woman on the bed, she was still eating. They looked at each other for a moment before [Y/N] nodded her head. "What genres would you like?" He asked.

"Can I have some [Fav Genre] books?" She asked scooping more food into her mouth. Hawks wasn't a bad cook but she would never admit it out loud. Hawks nodded and left the room before coming back a moment later with a chair, he put it over near the window.

"I'll get you some tomorrow after work," Hawks spoke as she finished her meal, [Y/N] nodded her head looking over at the chair. "I thought you might like it," Hawks rubbed the back of his neck before gesturing over at the chair in front of the window. [Y/N] nodded her eyes still trained on the window.

Her mind went to a few days ago when Midnight was taken from her, he had called her an ungrateful brat, "Thanks," She spoke trying to play nice. Hawks smiled even wider, she was coming around. [Y/N] sighed and then she stood walking over to the window, the view was beautiful. She didn't realise how high up they were before but it was gorgeous. [Y/N] looked out, she's never been this high before.

"Do you like it?" Hawks asked softly, [Y/N] nodded her back to him still. Hawks hadn't stopped smiling, everything was going well and it will only get better.