9

A/N: Who's here?

XXXX

XXXX

Brittany had only seen Quinn lose her humanity a few times. It was one of the downsides of being pure True Alpha. She was the exact image Russel wanted in those moments, but the reasons behind her merciless behavior would always aid her big heart from turning to follow her father's choices when he was a pack leader.

Her mate was fuming as she stalked through their board room with pack members running around her. Her eyes were a neon yellowish orange shade, and the veins of her neck and face were darkened, so she looked close to rouge compared to the other Alphas. No one crossed her. They all had seen how Russel used his power, and no one wished Quinn's anger of losing two of her mates to turn. In everyone's mind, their Alpha had every reason to be upset with the messengers who received no change from the troops searching the woodlands and mountains.

"Baby." Brittany neared Quinn when she noticed an Omega hesitate to approach their Alpha. She rubbed her arms and trailed her fingers up to hold Quinn's face. "Let's rest. It's been a long week. We need to be ready to go out and search tomorrow."

"No." Quinn growled, standing tall. No matter how much she tried, she'd never tower over Brittany as she did with some of their pack members. "Kitty will have news soon."

"Well, uh, Quinn?" Marley took a small step back when the blonde's eyes shot at her. "Kitty wants me to tell you that they haven't found anything in the north valley. She'd like permission to move south over the stream."

"We don't have jurisdiction there." Quinn's nostrils flared. "Blood Heart does, and I have not heard back from their Alpha. She waits for me before we proceed. Check the valley again."

"But—"

"Check it again, Omega!" Quinn yelled down at Marley, stepping back only when Brittany moved between them.

"Enough." Brittany whispered, kissing Quinn's lips and massaging her jaw. "Calm down. Please? You're scaring our friends."

"Do not tell me what to do. I am your Alpha, and you will show me such respect." Quinn growled, stepping into Brittany's face as the tall woman kept her head up. She felt her wolf fume at the sight of Brittany's refusal of submission. "I am your alpha!"

"And I am your wife." Brittany pressed her forehead to Quinn's and bared her canines down to the woman. She resisted the ripple down her spine that urged her to submit to the higher Alpha. "If you truly think I need to kneel to you, make me kneel at your feet."

Brittany grabbed Quinn's wrists as the blonde's hands flew up and slammed her into the wall behind them. She gripped her waist with nails digging into Brittany's skin. Her teeth were slick with angered saliva while her eyes glowed deeper.