Chapter 4

"Monjiro, gimme your food"

"Are you a cow? Tanjiro needs to eat too ya know"

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?"

Tanjiro shook his head at his friends, but smiled and handed two of his onigiri to Inosuke. Inosuke grinned, and with no thanks mentioned, he shoved it into his mouth, chewing and enjoying it. Zenitsu rolled his eyes and just looked at him as if he were really some wild boar. Tanjiro laughed softly and then went ahead and continued to eat his own lunch, enjoying the nice fresh air of the school grounds and looking at the scenery. He noticed some of his other classmates, such as Genya, who was talking with Aoi, a beautiful, but fierce lady, and beside her stood his other classmate, Kanao Tsuyuri. Kanao seemed to always be so quiet, but very kind, having a gentle smile and kind scent. He couldn't help but smile a little. He hadn't realized he was staring when he noticed her look at him. The redhead turned a shade of pink, as the beautiful pink-lilac eyes gazed into his, and a small smile appeared. Tanjiro looked down, feeling embarrassed to be caught staring. Before he could calm his thoughts he heard a shrill in his ear.

"WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT HER?! ARE YOU TWO DATING!?"

He winced and looked to see Zenitsu upset and looked like he was going to burst with envy.

"What are you talking about Zenitisu?!"

"You and Kanao, Sweet, beautiful Kanao, locked eyes! ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE DO THAT TO EACH OTHER!!!"

"AH! CALM DOWN!"

Zenitsu only kept growling and saying unruly things as he grabbed Tanjiro by the cheek. Tanjiro felt his cheek get warm and he only kept telling Zenitsu to calm down. The blonde just continued to mumble before Inosuke got annoyed and lightly hit Zenitsu on the head.

Tanjiro sighed and looked at the two, helpless but used to the constant bickering between the two and just decided to be done with lunch.

"I'm gonna head back inside guys-"

He looked at them, only to see Inosuke giving Zenitsu a noogie and Zenitsu starting to only shriek. After prying them apart (tiring Tanjiro) He walked away, heading inside the building and went past the teachers offices, feeling exhausted but went to the library, wanting the day to soon be over.

-+-

"Kyojuro, I've got you a date"

Rengoku spluttered out his coffee in surprise. Sanemi and Tomioka, who happened to be in the offices at the time, looked over at Rengoku and Uzui. The older male was cleaning some more brushes, flicking off the dry paint, while he spoke to Rengoku. Sanemi only rolled his eyes and scowled, disapproving of the noise.

"Oi! Keep the noise down!"

"Of course shinazugawa!"

Rengoku was embarrassed, and frowning. He looked at Uzui, and gave him a 'We need to speak about this alone' face. Uzui raised an eyebrow and gave a 'what?' expression. This only made Rengoku sigh and he got up, excused himself, and left the office. As he walked away, thinking about his conversation with Uzui, he bumped into someone and was brought back to the present and looked down.

"Oh! I'm sorry Rengoku!"

Rengoku noticed Kanae's soft eyes and then got flustered and bowed a couple times.

"I apologize! I didn't see you there and was just lost in thought!"

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean it Rengoku"

Kanae smiled prettily. Rengoku then laughed embarrassedly and rubbed the back of his head.

"I suppose I should pay more attention!"

"It's quite alright, everyone gets lost in their thoughts sometimes Rengoku...It often happens to me too...I was actually coming to see you"

Kanae smiled at Rengoku, her eyes gazing into Rengoku's eyes. The blonde was a bit surprised and then crossed his arms, tilting his head.

"Why do you need to see me Kocho?" He asked curiously. Kanae smiled softly, and then gently placed a hand on Rengoku's. Rengoku felt his cheeks get warm and looked at her hand startled, and didn't know what to do.

"Rengoku...I need you to do me a favor...it's important to me...and...I need someone strong and big to do it for me..." She looked into his eyes as she said this, her hand gently caressing his. Rengoku felt his cheeks get even more warmer, and it was clear he was blushing.

"E-Erm...Kanae...what exactly do I need to do...?"

Rengoku had averted his eyes from hers. He didn't know what to do in this situation. Was Kanae perhaps asking for...something else? Kanae only smiled softly and came closer, placing a hand on his cheek.

"I'll tell you after you say you'll help me...please?

Rengoku felt as if he could set his hair on fire, and then coughed and stammered. "O-Of course! I am always willing to help a colleague!"

Kanae smiled and then removed her hand from his face and clasped her hands together.

"That means so much Rengoku! I need you to go to the library to get me the textbooks for my classes...they are on a high shelf and I'm afraid my thin and feeble arms couldn't bring those all the way back"

"......."

Kanae looked at Rengoku's face and her eyes widened in surprise at how pink his cheeks were and had a concerned face.

"Rengoku...are you Alright...?"

In Rengoku's head, he started to berate himself for thinking such things, as well as how indecent his thoughts were. What else would she have asked him. Rengoku bowed deeply to hide how embarrassed he was and then said. "O-Of course! I can do that! I'll leave them in your classroom for you!"

Kanae was still worried, but smiled. "Okay"

Rengoku then quickly went to the library, as he mumbled and berated himself, and tried to keep his composure.

However, he didn't notice how Uzui had seen the whole ordeal, and a small grin formed on his lips as he then pulled out his phone, and dialed up a number.

"Yo! Hi, name's Uzui, I need to make a reservation for 4 please..."