Chapter Five

Once I had changed into the clothes that Rosalie had given me. I should have told her if I could have a shower. Dammit. I thought Oh well, it's too late now. I'll have to have one when I get back home. If I can get back home that is.

I looked down at myself and saw that the clothes that Rosalie gave me was something I would never wear, like at all. She must be comfortable in her body to wear these.

Anyways I was wearing a grey long sleeve shirt, black plain jeans. That kinda reminds me of Elijah's but without any rips in them. And my black white vans were slightly dirty. My dark brown hair was naturally down and over my shoulders as the bangs on either side of my face were annoyingly kept getting in the way. Light brown eyes that I got from my mother but I got my father's hair, most likely.

As I was in my own world, I didn't realise that the room I was in was quite large for one person. Now that I noticed it, unless there are two people staying in this room together. Which I regret thinking cause that is a bit weird. Sleeping in someone's bed is..weird and uncomfortable.

What if that person had a girlfriend or even a boyfriend for that matter. yacks. A bit of a cheater, don't you think?.

Well, I mean it's not cheating unless. They are doing something that isn't right, sorta as cheating. But who am I to say someone is cheating? I had one boyfriend; Adam Smith. The most popular boy in our school and a massive freaking flirt as I see him flirt with girls.

But I didn't care. He can do whatever the freak he wants, it's not like his cheating or making me jealous. Nope, not one bit. There was a thought that I did think he was cheating on me which was kinda a bad mistake. Because when I confessed to him about if he was cheating on me with another girl. It didn't end well. It took a massive turn and he had hit me across the face and I was shocked, stunned even, at the sudden reaction of what he had done. I had tried to break it off with him, but he decided to say that he was sorry and that he wouldn't ever do it again. And for now, I am still with the psycho.

I kinda missed him but not that side of him. I miss the side that kissed me everyday when I walked into school and the side that made me feel butterflies everyday. It's been.., what like a few days now since I got here and he hasn't even outed himself a text me or called me. What a lovely boyfriend he is.

It made me kinda upset a little but I guess he's just busy with getting into college and stuff. Yeah, I know. Who would think of dating a soon-to-be twenty year old, but hey, I am turning eighteen in a couple of weeks. It's not illegal. Well technically, it is but not when you are turning eighteen in a couple of weeks. Right??.

As I glanced around the room, observing the area and noticing that the room was massive bookshelves that stood up against the wall, taller than me at this stage, with so many genres that were my favourites. Like; romance, fantasy, historical, and some others that I kinda love but don't read as much of. I wonder who they belong to.

I walked over to the book shelf and placed the tips of my fingers over the book covers as some felt old and brand new. Like they were just bought a few days ago. As my fingers gilded against the rough texture trying to find one that interests me. When I did find one I pulled it out. It was called; twisted Love. Interesting but I put it back and decided to read that maybe later if I can figure out who owns them.

Looking over again, the titles and found one that drew me towards it, like it was a string that was attached to me. I pulled it out of its place and saw that it was a picture of a wolf. Sorta like the one that I witnessed yesterday or a few hours ago, I think. I don't know anymore.

I feel like I just woke up from a nightmare and was placed in a completely different state and place that I am not supposed to be. As I looked at the title it read The History of Werewolves. What an interesting story title. I flipped to the first page as I began to read it a little.

What is the difference between werewolves? The differences between werewolves, you say?. They are fast. The fastest creatures on earth, they say once you look at one. You can not keep your eyes away. But they are cute, fluffy and kind and have a heart full of gold but they are way more than just that. They are creatures that hunt, and they also kill...

My eyes widened in shock as I thought looking up and staring off into space. That's impossible. They aren't killers, aren't they. That can't be that wolf, that wolf or creature or whatever it was. It saved me. It saved my life.

I was so into my thoughts, that I didn't even hear the door open as footsteps came up behind me. "What are you doing?."

A low, dark voice growled in my ear as I jumped out of my thoughts and accidentally dropped the book, that I had onto the floor. I looked up at the person that invaded my thoughts and talking to myself and reading.

It was Elijah.

"You shouldn't go through other people's things that don't belong to you." He came closer towards me as we locked eyes.

He stood over me. Jeez he was at least six foot or maybe a bit less. God knows. He stared at me as he bent down and picked up the book that I had accidentally dropped.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean t-to touch. It's just that, I wanted t-to look around t-that's all." I stumbled on my own words, cursing to myself for being embarrassed.

Elijah placed the book back to its rightful place and glanced over his shoulder with an invisible smirk. "Next time, just ask. It's not that hard."

As he looked at me once more he walked towards the door and opened it.

He looked over at me with a raised eyebrow. "You coming or what?". I quickly nodded before exiting out of the room as he shut the door behind us.

It was complete utter silence.

We didn't talk to each other after that whole incident. If you even call it that.
We went down the wooden staircase as I looked around. I didn't even realise how nice this house really was.

Oh, wait..I didn't notice the beauty of it because I was unconscious. Cruse that stupid man for chasing me. Which reminds me, where did the wolf go? Maybe I should ask.

Looking over at Elijah's back as he took a plate for himself, placing the eggs and bacon on his plate.

"Hey, uh. Elijah, right?." I hesitated at first as Elijah looked over his shoulder at me. He turned his head away to grab a glass of orange juice, nodding.

"What is it now?." He sighed annoyed.

"I was just, um, wondering if you. Uhh-." Dang it, why can't I spit it out. What is wrong with me? Elijah's brow rose as he rolled his eyes before stopping at what he was doing.

"Spit it out, woman. You're worse than Rosalie." He smirked, eyeing Rosalie as she came up to the table and grabbing herself a cup as well. And giving Elijah a death glare.

Come on Anastasia, just spit it out already.

"The wolf creature that I saw in the woods". I mumbled out a bit nerves in my tone of voice.

Silence.

Again.

That is the second time today that nobody answered my questions. Like with the incid- you know what forget Anastasia.

I thought to myself as I sighed to myself that I knew that I wasn't gonna get an answer. I noticed Elijah looking at Rosalie and Rosalie stared back like they are communicating with each other.

Regret now formed in my stomach as I bit my lip as I thought, Did I say something bad..