Chapter 40

First part of the chapter will show the aftermath of the birth. The entire family meet their newest members. 2nd part there is a 6 month time jump. We see what Alicent's sentence was. We also see how the family interacts with the new babies. ☺️. On the last part of the chapter Deirys reveals a plan years in the making. We also finally discover what was that vial Alicent gave the maid for Deirys. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Deirys smiled as Aemond let their entire family into their chambers. Her mother ran directly to her side and looked at the babes in Deirys's arms with tear-filled eyes. Her father stood next to her mother, looking at both babes in wonder.

"Oh, little love." Rhaenyra touched one of the babe's cheeks and gave her a bright smile. "They are so beautiful. The healer just said everything had gone well, but she did not say anything about the babes."

"Well, I would like to introduce you to our sons." She moved a bit so her father could take one of the babes. "Papa, you are holding our firstborn and future king of the seven kingdoms, Daemon Targaryen."

"What?" Her father's voice was scratchy and he had to clear his throat before attempting to speak once more. "You named him after me?"

"We did." Aemond sat on her other side and smiled at her father. "We both agreed that as the future king, he should have a strong name, and who better than his grandsire?"

"Thank you." Her father smiled before kissing the babe's forehead. She could see he was already besotted.

"Mama, you are holding our secondborn." Her mother smiled, holding the babe gently. Deirys looked at Aegon, who had a small smile on his face. "His name is Aegon Targaryen, after his uncle, who saved his life today."

Aegon's eyes widened and then she saw them fill with tears as he looked at the small babe in her mother's arms.

"Well, let us hope little Aegon is less of a troublesome cunt than his namesake." Baelon's laughter was cut short as Alyssa hit his side with a closed fist. He yelped and looked up to see all the adults in the room glaring at him. "What? We were all thinking it."

Aegon started laughing and then everyone else followed. All the adults took turns holding the babes, who seemed content to be passed around. The younger occupants started fighting over who would hold the babes first. After two hours Aemond must have been able to see the exhaustion on her face because he kicked everyone out. Deirys noticed her father looking at the babes. He did not want to let them out of his sight, Aegon was making funny faces at little Aegon, who was sleeping peacefully, not aware of his uncle making a fool of himself. Once everyone was gone Aemond placed both babes in the large crib and sat on the bed beside her.

"I am sorry for leaving without saying anything." Aemond looked at her and lifted an eyebrow. "It was a stupid thing to do. I am so sorry for what I put you through."

"I am just happy you and our children are alright." Aemond let out a sigh. "I was very angry when I was first told you were missing, but after a few minutes, all I could feel was fear. And then, I found out it was my mother who planned the attack."

"I know." Aemond gave her a surprise look and she shrugged her shoulders. "Your uncle admitted it while attempting to kill me. One of the last things he said was "The queen sends her regards" right before Aegon killed him."

"I had her and Criston Cole arrested and taken to the black cells." Now it was her turn to be surprised. "I already spoke with Uncle Daemon, he will interrogate Criston. But with your and Aegon's testimony, we have enough to condemn my mother for treason. She will be executed."

"You cannot kill your mother." Aemond looked at her like she was insane and Deirys caressed his face. "My love, I know you. It will haunt you for the rest of your life if you have your mother executed. I do not want you to carry that burden."