33. happy birthday, kiddo

⚡︎

⚡︎

     WITH GWEN SCOLDING ELLIE, that left Jin, Flynn and Kenni with a distressed Dina. She's hurt by their friend's words but it's been said, there's nothing anyone can do to make it better.

    Kennedi sighs, escaping the tension through a random door.

Flynn watches her and he wonders if she expects him to follow her. He wants to but Dina is upset. The one eyed boy blows air from his mouth, a strand of dark brown hair flowing with it. "Dina, does Jesse know?" Flynn asks. Dina looks up at him, tears stained down her face. Jinani closes her eyes, asking herself how clueless the Pierce boy can truly be?

"No, Flynn. I barely knew."

"You had the slightest idea which should've been enough to turn around, Dina," Jinani scolds with a comforting hand rubbing her back, "If the generator is on, maybe there's a radio or something?" Jin tries to change the subject. "I—I think Ellie and Gwen found it. I heard static when I tried to go upstairs," Flynn stutters. Jinani rubs her hands across her jeans, "Great. I'll go check then."

And that leaves Flynn and Dina. One of his closest friends, his best friend's girlfriend—ex? He never knows. But, now she's pregnant with Jesse's child. "Y'know Jesse is gonna be like, so fucking happy, right?" Flynn chuckles. Dina sniffles, remnants of the situation fading away, "You sure?"

Flynn laughs, sitting down next to her, "Yeah, dude. We've talked about shit like that. Having a kid in a world like this. We're safe in Jackson. Plus, I'd love to be an uncle!" He exclaims. Dina manages a laugh, wiping her nose. She's silent, too much to say without knowing how to say it fully.

"Flynn?"

"Hm?"

"Do you want kids? Like, with Kennedi?"

Flynn blinks in surprise at the question. He'd like to have kids, yeah. The only person that comes to mind is Kennedi. The only person he'd want to spend the rest of his life with is Kenni, building their lives like the world isn't rotting around them. He smiles his charming smile, the same one that Kennedi has to stop herself from beaming at everytime it spreads across his face.

"Yeah," Flynn simply answers. Dina nods happily, "Then go find her. You've been in love with her for 5 years—"

"I don't wanna leave you alone—"

"Flynn, go," Dina tells him, playfully shoving him off the couch. She doesn't know what'll happen with Jesse, if he'll be as happy as Flynn says he'll be but she'll sure as hell help her friends finally get together. She wants them to be happy during all this.