chapter 31 (Madison)

I woke alone anubis' side of the bed cold and empty. I got out of bed and put on my shorts and tank, and walked out into the bathroom to wash my face. I wonder where he went off too? Maybe he had a meeting this morning. When I was ready, I walked out into the hallway and went looking for Anubis.
I went to the command room to find Kat working on one of the large computers.
"Hey Kat, have you seen Anubis?" She gave me a smile and said
"He just left, told me to give you this." She handed me a note with
Anubis' written on the paper.

Madison, meet me at here at 6pm tonight. ANUBIS. 

I took the note amd started to go back to my room when sydney called me from the lobby.
"Hey Madison, come with me." She said happily as she skipped her way to the car garage.
"Where are we going?" I asked as ahead pulled me along towards her car."we're going shopping." She stated, unlocking her pink convertible  and getting behind the wheel. I looked at her in confusion. " but sydney I'm supposed to meet up with Anubis this afternoon, I need to get ready." I said and sydney gave me a bright smile.
" what better reason to shop? We can shop for your date." She said and I relented and got into the passenger side and buckled my seat belt.

***
I was looking at the dresses in the 5th store we've been to. It's strange all the stores we've been to have been for formal wear. I can't buy anything here for tonight, it's too fancy. Sydney brought me out of my thoughts when she brought me a tight fitting gown. It was beautiful. I went to the fitting room and tried it on just so sydney can see. The midnight blue satin felt good against my skin. The material Also sparkled in the light giving off shimmers as u walked. The sleeves were off the shoulder and the skirt had a split that went up to my thigh.
Sydney picked out shose and jewlery to match and had me try those on as well.
I stood in the mirror staring at myself, and I had to admit I was beautiful. Sydney giggled excitedly and circles me admiring her work.
"This is the one we'll take it." She said to the salesman standing off to the side. Wait what? I turned and sydney was also grabing her own dress and assorories.
"Sydney, I can't get this I need to get somthing for my date." I looked at the price tag and almost fainted.
" and there's no way I can afford this." I said taking the shose and jewlery off to hand to the salesman. Sydney turned to me and smiled.
"It's on me" She said as she took the shose and jewlery from the salesman.
"Sydney, you don't need to.."
"I want to, and besides this dress would go perfect for your date."
Wait did she know where Anubis wants to meet me? We walk up to the counter and affter Sydney pays a small fortune on our dresses, we leave to get our nails done.

***
After we finaly arrive back to headquarters. It was two hours before I was to meet Anubis.
" have a good time tonight, and oh don't forget to wear your new dress." She said. I looked at her in confusion and she smiled
" just trust me and wear it." She said before she disappeared down the hall way.
I spent the last two hours putting on makeup and shoses, jewlery, and the dress. I let my hair down in lose curls. I grabbed my sparkled bag and  walked out the door. Before I could get to my car, a horse drawn carriage pulled up.
"Are you miss Madison Jones?" The driver asked.
"Yes" I said a little taken aback. I've never had a carriage ride before. I let the driver help me in and I sat down. The driver urged the horses forward and the ride began. I wonder what's this all for? Before I could think on it for too long and carriage stopped and I got off to the most beautiful sight.