Where It All Began

As I walk in through the door, I smell the scent of a freshly made chocolate chip cookie cake, my favorite.

I knew that something was going on at that moment. We never made that cake unless it was an occasion, or something needed to be told.

Walking into the kitchen, mom comes up to me and kisses me on each cheek.

Ok, something is definitely going on.

" How was your day sweetie?" Mom asks.

" Same as always" I reply as I start making my way towards the cake.

" Is there anything going on today, mom? Any special occasion or something? " I ask.

" No honey, no occasion. Me and your father just need to talk to you about something. " Mom answers slowly.

" So should I save the cake for later, to make me feel better? "

" Sure, sweetie " mom says as she chuckles.

We hear dad calling us into the living room, so we both make our way.

" Did you tell her? " Dad asks, looking at mom.

" No I was waiting for you to come so we could tell her together " answers mom.

" Tell me what? " I wonder out loud.

" Sit Lulu ( my nickname) " dad orders.

I obey as mom and dad take the a seat on the couch across of me.

" What's your view on marriage, Layla? " asks dad.

" Marriage is the other half of my deen " I reply.

" So would you be OK with getting married now? "

" Now? I'm only 17 dad! How can I possibly learn to become a good wife at this age! And besides, I want to finish college first " I say.

" Layla, we have arranged for you to get married as soon as possible. As for college, you could still finish studies after marriage, we made sure of that "
Dad answers.

" At least tell me who it is dad " I demand.

" It is your mom's best friend's son, Mazen. "

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys for such a short and straight forward chapter. This is my first time writing so please be patient with me and I'll try to upload new chapters as soon as I can. Thank you and I hope u enjoy .