Chapter 8: Help

She blinked multiple times as her eyes adjusted to the walls of her bedroom. Hinata breathed in for a moment, relishing in the familiar scent of lavender candles that she had found herself purchasing more after high school. The silence in the room and the hallway was often comforting but she didn't know why she had this sense of unease. Sitting up and brushing her hair back with her fingers, she muttered under her breath and stared at herself in the mirror.

She was in her room, that much was clear. The big windows led to complete darkness, so she figured that it was still night time. When did she fall asleep? She had no recollections of coming home and crashing on her bed — not that she was complaining.

Searching for her phone, she frowned once she realized that she must have left it at Naruto's or Sasuke's place. Shrugging, and mentally making plans to head over to their houses once she's done taking a shower and having breakfast, she approaches her bedroom door. Hinata's hand rested on the doorknob, the usually smooth surface was now covered with an intricate pattern. When did her father change the doorknobs? Twisting it, she found it to be locked.

Hinata was never one to lock her bedroom door at night, but when she reached down for the usual lock, there was none. A keyhole stared back at her, obviously one would need a key to open it. Again, when did her father change the doorknobs?

The handle shook in her hand, making her step back as she clasped her hands in front of her. Perhaps it was Hanabi playing a silly little joke on her.

To her disappointment and horror, the man she had conjured up in her dreams was the one standing on the other side of her door. He stood in the hallway, a smile creeping on his face as he observed the clearly frightened Hyūga woman in front of him.

She thought she was dreaming, that her kidnapping was all a nightmare and she was really at home. But here she was, in a replica of her own room with the culprit of her misery.

"Good morning, Hinata. I see you're finally awake. Did you find your sleep relaxing?" He stepped into the room, clearly understanding that he was not invited but he didn't quite care about that. "Sorry about before, you must understand that there is some urgency in Lord Orochimaru's plans."

"Why me?" She stuttered, backing up into the makeshift dresser. Standing so close to it, she could see that it was just a cheap copy of the one she had at home. "What do you want from me?" She could feel the pain from the forceful admission of unknown substances return. Resting her hand on her neck, her bottom lip quivered.

"That is for you to find out." He came closer to her, covering her hand with his own before his fingers trailed down to her collarbone.

Hinata shivered, her body already feeling violated yet she said nothing to stop him. What if he hurts her again? His fingers lingered near her cleavage, his eyes seemed to undress her before he cupped her cheek.

"You look like a baby deer caught in headlights." He muttered, amusement dancing in his eyes as he held back a laugh. "Your breakfast is ready." Kabuto stepped back and motioned for her to follow him.

"I'm not hungry." She called out, her voice shaking as her feet remained planted there. In all honesty, her stomach was begging for something to eat. It was as if she had nothing in her system left after the pain she went through the night before. Well, she didn't know how long she had passed out for, it felt like a whole night but surely it was longer than that.

"Lord Orochimaru has prepared the most delectable meals, I will not have you disappoint him by dismissing his attempts." He glared at her. "Come."

"No." Hinata tried copying the steel look she's seen Sasuke put on whenever he was displeased with something. Hoping that it would thwart his attempts at getting her to do something she didn't want to, her mask fell for a moment at seeing him laugh.