Prologue

"To all those readers who need to hear that song, the power of the verses is just the one you want to give them."

~Seven~

2/6/19

I kissed her as I had kissed her six days ago on that Monday when her plane finally landed on San Francisco. And it's that this last year the only thing I had thought about was kissing her, every night and every day, during all the calls we had at the wee hours and during all the messages we sent each other at daytime. Damn, I had been thinking about kissing those full lips she always put cherry chapstick on for too many years but this last one was the worst with difference.

My eyes lit up that Monday when my mother suggested that we should go to the airport to pick up Kelly, together with her parents and twin sister. That light hasn't left my green gaze ever since. Kelly left last year at the end of august to London and hadn't stepped on San Francisco since that 27th of August. Her family visited her during holidays and whenever they found time to but I couldn't, I was just the older son of her parents' best friends. I wasn't anything to her, nothing official to have the excuse to take a plane just for the pleasure to watch her dance.

Because my clumsy girl was a star.

She has been the star of every stage she set a foot on since she was eight and moved to my city to enter the San Francisco Ballet School. This last year was a torture because, due to the art of the wrong time, we started to talk in the way I could just dream about in the tens of melodies and lyrics I kept away from her. Those songs weren't the ones I wanted her to listen yet. Kelly was a soloist ballerina in the Royal Ballet at the soon age of seventeen, I was three years older and have been composing songs since I was eleven, yet I never left San Francisco.

My moment hadn't arrived yet, as my father said. He was an ex-musician so I pretty much trusted his judgment.

The important was that our moment had arrived, that Monday at the airport when our families were distracted I grabbed her hand and walked with her between two souvenir aisles, then I kissed her for first time and how I'm doing it now.

I held her hips with my hands, from inside I was chuckling at her weird ways to place her feet that I loved, when she stood still resting her body her feet took over the third ballet position and when she scolded someone the first. Right now her feet also formed a perfect first position but definitely not because she was angry. Kelly's arms surrounded my neck as they instinctively did at the airport, she was a tall girl, 5,8 feet tall. I had never seen her with platform shoes or high heels, my clumsy girl liked to have her feet on the ground.

I kissed her lips with the sweetness I had saved for years, she made out tongues dance in a way as perfect as when she danced in pointe shoes.

Could she be more perfect?

When the kiss ended we held our gazes, I licked my lips tasting her chapstick and slide one of my hands up to her face, where I moved slightly away her blonde fringe.

"Ready?" I smiled at her while she nodded with the same excited smile she gave me.

I put the huge headphones over her ears and she walked over to the studio microphone. I repeated the same process and walked to her, there were two microphones in that recording studio but I stood right behind her and grabbed her waist while she held the sheet of paper over which we wrote our song.

I had just recorded the electric guitar intro so now my guitar rested hung over my back. Kelly handed me the lyrics when I got my mouth close to the filter to sing my first verse.

"I'm willing to be your man as long as this heart keeps beating."

Kelly got her mouth close to mine and the filter to keep singing. I couldn't take my eyes off her while she closed hers to reach the tone. She opened one eyes looking at me with guilt when she couldn't get the verse to fit the melody.