Chapter 15 "A toast in the limousine"

~Seven~

31/5/23

I watched her getting on stage. I watched how the crowd applauded her performance and how they screamed "Encore!" when it ended. I watched her there, singing like an angel and wearing the costume of a royal and just felt hate running through my veins.

I had watched everything, including her big entrance, how she sang that damn song, Valeria, proving me wrong as I knew she loved to do.

I can dance, she screamed through every step she gave with the pointe shoes. It just proved me the little pity show she set up at yesterday's interview was nothing but fake.

The hardest part was watching my mother, crying as she begged me to quit ballet forever, yet she got into a ballet costume the day after and danced in pointe shoes. Not as good as she used to, I may add.

The anger poisoned every thought in my mind, I hated to see her there, singing on the fucking stage of her damn world tour. It wasn't her dream, it was mine and she stole it from me.

I was the one who spent all his life dreaming with this moment. It's true I dreamed out loud with her beside me but she never dreamed with me. She dreamed with ballet, she was never up to join my dream and now I didn't want her to do it.

A part of me found it so unfair. After everything she did, everything she stole from me, she didn't deserve this. Then I remembered the accident and that part of me still thought it wasn't enough. It was one of the reasons why I left before she could leave the stage and see me.

She had an angry mother to face anyway.

♬♬♬

On the way to the afterparty I was forced to go on Kelly's limousine because of the marketing strategy and blah blah blah. We were supposed to be seen walking inside the place together so I had to stood up my own limousine. Or at least that was the plan. We had two limousine, in Kelly's there were the rapper, the designer and well, my brother because he wanted to meet Kelly's lover and she offered him to go with them. Meanwhile, in mine there were just the four members of the band and me until some minutes ago.

The fun part about being the singer in the world tour? That everybody listens to you. Kelly didn't have a say at all when I offered something better, getting everyone in the same limousine except Kelly and I, we would show up sharing one, alone. Of course Katrice and Ezra thought it was an amazing idea, even if Kelly kept trying to complain -her mother didn't quite support her in this after the ballet show.

Would the snobby Kelly Taylor stand a limousine journey in which the chauffeur was also the bodyguard?

Hector was chivalrous enough to open the door for our guest and close it behind her. He didn't open the door for me.

"Would you accept a glass of champagne for a toast or is this limo too seedy?" I ran my finger through the mini-bar that let the glasses of champagne and the bottles be seen.

Kelly gave me a mistrustful look, she hadn't changed her bodysuit, just put on some pants, I supposed she took off the tights and stocking to wear those boots, rarely they had the height of a high top sneaker. I hadn't changed either, just put on a shirt.

"I fear the champagne is too poisoned." She mumbled with her arms crossed, however I understood every letter that left her pretty mouth.

"It's poison-free." I assured taking the liberty to grab the two glasses and the champagne. "Hector would never be my accomplice in a murder, he would ask for a rise in his salary first." I looked at my bodyguard-chauffeur out of the corner of my eye, I could see him nodding aware that what I said was true.