Chapter 54 "Arabella"

~Seven~

20/5/16

"Oh, you are here." Kelly's annoyance was more than noticiable in her tone. I would say so was her spite. She didn't face me but I could feel and see her glare through the huge mirror taking over the whole wall in front of us.

Kelly was dressed with her ballet stuffs, including the pointe shoes, she had just stopped spinning on one shoe when I walked in the room. I shouldn't even be here, I should be heading back to my car, to my girlfriend, with her prom corsage and nothing more. It was already bad enough that Ocean forgot the flowers bracelet at his girlfriend's house after I deliberately asked him for the favor of picking it up from the store while I was working. Yet here I stood with my arms crossed, looking through the mirror at the ballerina with the same nuisance as during our last conversation.

"Are you seriously going to be mad at me forever? You are not even going to turn around?"

Kelly didn't listen, she just kept spinning. She stopped the perfect pirouettes some time later without facing me at all.

"I'm not mad at anyone." She was more focused on the position of her feet than on me. "Go where you want, kiss who you want and date who you want. Some of us are actually busy working on our dreams."

She continued with the pirouettes then, I stayed behind her during some time but she didn't stop. I thought about everything I could say, in my mind I told her that, if she had the latter so clear, she shouldn't have suggested me not to go to prom with Arabella last Saturday. Instead I didn't open my mouth. I just walked away as her silent pirouettes were ordering me. I was tired. I wouldn't argue with someone childish enough to spin for hours as long she could avoid my gaze.

Katrice repeated for the fifth time since I stepped on her house how handsome I looked with the tux and Jayden, as always, teased me a little as goodbye. Despite everything I was able to reach my car, where Arabella waited. She looked at me expectant, I was so lost in thoughts that it took me some seconds to put the corsage around her wrist.

I leaned to give her a kiss while I fastened my seatbelt. My first intention was to keep it short though I ended up grabbing her face to keep her tongue next to mine and the short kiss turned into an express make out session. Her hands were already on the edge of my shirt's collar the moment I moved away, just not too much.

"Sorry for the wait... I ran into Kelly." I decided to be mostly honest. I just wouldn't say that my feet walked on purpose inside the room where she hid.

Arabella's eyes shone as they always did when she smiled or chuckled.

"No worries, the girl seems more than complicated anyway." She gave me an empathic look I didn't understand until she explained herself. "She looks at me over her shoulder whenever we meet in the corridors, perhaps it's just the early fame getting to her head..." Arabella made her fingers walk over my shirt, going up my neck until her finger touched my lips. Then she looked into my eyes. "Or maybe she's just jealous."

I frowned. "Jealous?"

Arabella pressed her lips together into a downwards smile, looking at me as if I were the naïve one.

"The girl must have a crush on you." She reduce the distance between us to kiss me. She let the kiss be sweet as well as more intense than the last one. Her hands weren't any longer on my face or over my shirt, they had been sliding down as the kiss went on. "And I think I love you."