Chapter Four

Kara Pov: 

She was going to miss her new friend, but she was also very excited to see her Mommy. She knew she was going to be punished for breaking sooo many rules but at least she was getting attention. She hoped that her Mommy liked her knew friend, but she knew she wouldn't. Mommy didn't like any of her friends really. And well Mina was sooo pretty, and she knew her Mommy would see her as more of a threat then a friend. 

But Mina wasn't a threat. Mina took care of her like the bestest friend in the world. She was even letting her hold her hand on the way to Mommys house! 

She looked up at Mina, eyes wide as she took in the woman next to her. She was so happy she found her and couldn't wait to see her again, and she hadn't even left her yet. 

She would throw a fit if Mommy tried to tell her no about this. She really wanted to see Mina again and it wasn't fair that she couldn't have friends and Mommy could. 

Walking to the door was bittersweet, she wasn't ready to part with Mina, but she knew that if she was lucky her Mommy would spend time with her. 

She still clung to Mina's arm as she went to knock. But the redheads hand stopped midair and she looked horrified. That was enough to snap Kara out of little space real quick as she focused on figuring out what was upsetting the woman. 

She opened her mouth to ask what's wrong when she heard it. Banging? and moaning? Weird... then she looked back to Mina and saw the pitying look etched on her face and it all clicked. 

No fucking way. 

NO way. 

The banging and screeching continued, and her heart sank. She felt like her feet were going to give out under her. She was furious as she ran to the potted plant searching for the spare key she knew was there. She fumbled with the lock as she suppressed tears. 

She didn't even register that Mina was following her as she stomped through the home. Her vision tunneled and all she could focus on was the sound of the voices getting louder. 

She stopped at the door. Maybe she didn't want to go in at all. Maybe she just wanted to forget about this and move on. She didn't want to see this. 

'Fuck this' she thought as she remembered all the moments in her relationship that she was made to feel like a burden and unwanted. All the moments she was told she was loved... but kathrine obviously didn't love her. 

When she burst through the door the breath left her lungs as she took in the scene. Her girlfriend, her Mommy... that was supposed to love her... to take care of her...  be loyal to her.... was between another womans legs. 

She didn't know what to say, what to think. It felt like her entire world was crashing down around her.

"How co-could you Kathrine! I cannot believe you would do this to me!" She screamed at the woman she loved, voice cracking painfully as she tried to choke out the words. She watched as Kathrine fumbled to get dressed, she couldn't believe she'd so this. That she would betray her like this. 

"I am so sorry honey-" Her girlfriend sobbed, big blue eyes pleading with her to understand. But she couldn't. She would never... never do this to anyone, especially not someone she claimed to love... someone she had been with for so long. 

"Oh yes you looked extremely apologetic about your actions just a minute ago when you had your face buried in between that sluts' thighs." She heard Wilhemina scoff. She completely forgot the woman was even there. 

"Let's go Kara." Mina said. She wanted to stay strong, but she couldn't. She trusted Kathrine with her heart, her soul, her body. She was vulnerable with her in  ways that she never was with anyone else. She didn't understand why that wasn't enough. She buried her face in Mina's shoulder relying on the other woman's strength to get her through this because she was crumbling. 

"Who the fuck are you? NO Kara baby please stay... I can explain... we can work things out." She heard Kathrine say. But she didn't look at her, she couldn't. She felt like if she did, she'd be sick. She breathed in the lavender and vanilla scent that surrounded her and prayed this was all a dream. She felt herself slipping, she was stressed and her Mommys voice made her feel safe enough to slip... even though her Mommy was the one causing all of her stress and pain right now. It felt like her legs were cemented to the floor as she fought to get ahold of herself. 

"You know I've been having a tough time. I just needed to get this out of my system. You know it's a lot dealing with everything..." Kathrine reasoned. You heard her move towards you and you flinched in Minas arms. 

"I-i know I'm a-a lot b-but I-i trusted y-you." She said in between sobs. She knew she could be a lot, but it wasn't even her idea to be open to regressing, it was Kathrine's... and she promised she'd never use it against her. 

"In all fairness Kara, I asked you for an open relationship." Kathrine argued. Her sadness boiled down to rage in an instant. She remembered that conversation well. The hopelessness... the feeling like she wasn't good enough. She wanted to end herself that night. 

"And I fucking said no! I said that you can take it or leave it. You fucking took it and committed to me!" She screamed. She was shaking she was so angry. Angry at Kathrine and angry at herself for ever trusting her... for ever letting her see such a vulnerable side of her. 

"You are the worst fucking thing that's ever happened to me, and I never want to fucking see you again!" She said stomping out of the room. She couldn't stand there another minute. Not while the woman in the bed stared at her while awkwardly covering her chest.... not while Kathrine tried to manipulate her and guilt her.... not when Kathrine looked at her like that. It was over. It had been for a while she just didn't realize it. 

As she slammed the car door, she realized that she didn't even care. After the initial anger subsided, she was left with regret. Not sadness... regret, that she ever was stupid enough to trust to begin with.