Chapter Two

*****Venables POV*****

Her clammy hand was grasped tightly by the young woman as she dragged her from the elevator to her apartment. 

'What the hell have I gotten myself into!?' She thought, but she was slightly charmed by the woman's eagerness to show her around. After all no one had willingly been in her presence in a very long time. But she didn't linger on the feelings it inspired in her and instead tried to focus on the getting the woman inside and safe. 

"This one's mine!" The woman screeched fumbling with her keys almost dropping them in her excitement. You would think the little one was the one intoxicated based on her clumsiness. She rolled her eyes at the woman because she did want to get home some time tonight. 

"Just give them here." She snapped grabbing the keys from Kara. 

"Okay! Thank you, Mina!" kara beamed. 

She froze for a minute. Keys biting into her tightly locked hand. No one had dared call her any sort of nickname most weren't even given the privilege of calling her by her first name. Despite this fact, surprisingly that wasn't the reason she was left so stunned. She was practically paralyzed by the fact that she loved the way the friendly name passed through the womans glossed lips. 

Her eyes refocused on the woman, and she realized with a jolt that Kara was in fact staring at her, almost curiously. Like she thought if she stared intently enough, she could infiltrate her mind. Kara's gaze was piercing, such a contrast from her usual lighthearted look, and she found herself shivering slightly under the intensity. She flushed realizing that Kara probably would've had the door open if she hadn't interfered. After all her tipsy mind could barely focus. 

Finally, the metal door swung open revealing...  An. Entirely. Pink. Apartment.

'Oh my fuck.' Her mind blanked as she hesitantly stepped in after the hyper woman. Everything moved in slow motion as she took everything in. Kara moving around her was pushed to the back of her mind as she looked at all of the decorations. Fake flowers and leaves everywhere, soft fairy lights twinkled, and hello kitty was on every single surface. The couch was a light pink as was most of the furniture. Surprisingly it all tied together fairly well, not really her style but she could admire the woman's commitment to the color. She herself had her own tiny obsession with the color purple. 

"Do you like them!" Karas chirpy voice made her mind focus. She found herself now sitting surrounded by at least two dozen stuffed animals... cats, dogs, bears, unicorns... and she had no clue when she even sat down. 

'I may have had one to many' she thought wincing as she tried to focus on Kara. 

She could tell the woman was thrilled that she was here as she was practically vibrating. It seemed the giddy woman was determined to show her every stuffed toy she owned.

"So, this is Mr. Bear, and Little Ms. Wiskers, and Joe Bunny, and Lena the Lion, and....." 

As Kara named all of her stuffed toys, she handed them over to her to hold. She wasn't hiding her frazzled state, but she hoped that the other woman would just think she was excited to see all of her things. Because she noticed that Kara was slipping further into little space and didn't really think it was appropriate for her to be obviously drunk. 

This wasn't how she expected to spend her night but after every introduction Kara gave her a watery smile and giggled adorably. Venable would never admit it, but it warmed her heart to hear the girl talk so passionately, it didn't really matter that the subject was stuffed toys. Kara's excitement was something adults rarely expressed, and it was infectious. She was a bundle of pure joy, and it was increasingly difficult to hold back her genuine smiles and laughter as the night went on. About halfway through she interrupted Kara's introductions.