Chapter 11: Gabriella Jordan

I squeeze Roman's hand three times. He takes a long drink of his rum and coke, keeping his eyes on me as he does so. My eyes glance over his face, taking in every detail, every scar, every perfectly flawed part of him. 

I drag my eyes over his jawline, down the side of his neck, and along his broad shoulder. The tattoos running up his arm peek out from under his t-shirt, the veins on his forearms igniting something within me. If he notices me staring at him (which he most certainly does), he doesn't say anything. 

He's subtle about it, but I can tell that he's scanning this entire restaurant about every five minutes, trying to catch anything out of place. His body isn't tense, so I can tell that he's not too worried and he hasn't noticed something out of the ordinary, but he's ready to take action if necessary. 

I know he has a knife and he most likely has a gun on him right now too. I don't feel unsafe about it all though. It makes me feel quite the opposite. Knowing that he's going to be there if something happens, which it most likely won't, but if something did, he would be there to stop it immediately. 

And while that makes me worry about his safety, I know that he can handle it. He can handle it better than I can.

"I know we just want to go with the flow with this relationship," Roman begins, his gaze over my shoulder to the darkening sky outside, "so I don't want us to feel like we have to put labels on anything, but I'm wondering if you would want to start dating."

"You mean, like, just going on fun outings and hanging out without being boyfriend and girlfriend?" I clarify.

"Yeah, if that's something you want. Just keep it light and casual to feel it out. It'll be monogamous, so it's not like I'm wanting to see anyone else but you. I guess, I'm not ready for a relationship with you yet, but I'm also very, very interested in being with you."

"I completely understand what you're saying," I admit with a smile, "and I'm open to that. I want to be around you too, but I'm not ready for that huge a commitment yet."

He presses a light kiss to the back of my hand, grinning up at me.

"So, little dove, any ideas?"

"Ideas for what?"

"Our first hang-out session."

"Aren't we doing it now, Carbon? Unless you have something else you wanna do."

"I have an idea," he smirks, a glint of wickedness in his eye.

***

I moan out as he presses inside of me, his hands holding my hips tightly. There's already a light layer of sweat coating my skin and that was just from the foreplay. 

The whole bike ride to his place was touchy. His hands touching my legs at every red light, his fingers intertwining mine as he drove with one hand, his hips scooting back to feel the heat between my legs. 

I didn't even get a chance to look around his condo before he pressed me against the way and fucked me with his mouth. It was the hottest thing that's ever happened to me. He slammed his mouth to mine, asked me for my consent, and dropped to his goddamn knees immediately - like he had been waiting his entire life for it. 

It didn't take me long to orgasm then, and it sure isn't now. I've lost count at this point. He hasn't even done anything out of the ordinary. It's just the way he moves his body with mine and puts his hands in all the right spots and talks to me so sweetly while I melt into his touch. 

It's how he uses his fingers to get me off and isn't afraid to listen to my body language when I want something different and is in control but not dominating.