Chapter 60: Going Back Home

We went back to the beach without wasting any time. We wanted to bury the book under the willow tree before sunset. I looked at my watch and noticed we had only an hour to find the tree at the entrance of the cave. 

"How come you did not know about the tree at the entrance of the cave? You were there before, right?" Rachel asked me curiously as we were in the cab.

"I know I sat under a huge tree after I came out from the cave but I did not know that was a willow tree," I softly chuckled at how silly I was not to know.

"Anyways, you wanting to sacrifice yourself to save Yoongi was not a great idea," Rachel casually uttered to me.

I looked at Rachel in shock. How did she know that I wanted to give up my life to save Yoongi if I could not hoax Rachel to help me? Rachel looked at me and smiled.

"A voice in my head told me, Ava. Call me crazy but that is what happened."

"Maybe the same thing happened to me when I was under that tree at the beach. Maybe the voice I had in my head belonged to that willow tree," I became excited suddenly.

"What did the voice tell you?" Rachel was anxious to know what the voice said to me.

"She knows it...she has it," I replied to her in short trying to remember the words. 

Rachel smiled and nodded her head, "So, the tree knew my plans."

"How do you know that?" I asked her back curiously.

"To burn the missing page and to bury this book was my plan. If the tree did not agree with my plans, it wouldn't have brought you back home to me," Rachel was relieved as she smiled at me warmly. 

I had goosebumps hearing Rachel's words in the cab. I was grateful that the tree was willing to help us get out of the sticky situation and from the Queen Goblin. As the cab driver told us that we have reached our destination, we paid the driver and got down from the cab. 

I stepped on the white sand clutching the book in my hand tightly. Rachel grabbed my hand and walked toward the cave which was located at the end of the beach. The white sand got caught in my slipper as I walked but I ignored it. I just wanted to bury the book under that tree and end our bad luck. 

To my horror, as we were reaching the end of the beach, the cave was not there anymore. It was just a huge mountain boulder made for mountain climbers. The cave was as if sealed completely from the outside. Luckily, the willow tree that we needed was still there majestically. We walked toward the tree and quickly started digging a hole to bury the book in it. 

"Make a wish, Ava. Make it quietly," Rachel tapped away the sand from her hands as she looked at me.  

I smile and nodded my head. I held the book close to my chest and wished. I wished hard for Yoongi to come back to the real world safely. The clouds were suddenly dark and gray and soon the entire sky was pitch-black. I looked up into the sky and then to my watch. I have 30 more minutes before sunset. 

"Quick! I think it is going to rain soon," Rachel rushed me to bury the book.

I quickly placed the book in the hole that we dug. We started to shove back the sand on the book to cover the hole again. The hole was still not covered no matter how much sand we shoved back into the hole. 

"Why isn't it accepting the book? Isn't the hole deep enough?" I frantically asked Rachel.

"It said the book must be buried under the tree. Wait...the roots! The book is not touching the roots of the tree!" Rachel quickly stood up and rushed over to a huge root under the shady willow tree. 

I took out the book from the hole and went over to Rachel. I helped her to dig another hole just under the huge long roots of the willow tree. Satisfied with the hole we dug, we place the book into the hole and made sure it was touching the roots of the tree. We shoved back the sand into the hole quickly as soon as the book touched the roots. 

To our shock, the tree started to glow and emit light from within its bark. We backed up a little only to witness the tree roots readjusted itself deep into the ground. The book is now deep under the ground with the strong grip of the willow tree roots. The sky darkened to indicate that we buried the book in the wrong place. 

When everything went back to normal, the sky cleared up. The sky was ready for the sun to set. With the amber sky and the cold wind hitting our cheeks, we rushed back to the house. I wanted to get back home and never come back to the island again. I knew that I would not forget the memories I have had on this island and it would haunt me for the rest of my life. 

"How is Yoongi finding his way back to the real world?" I posed a question to Rachel as I packed my bag. 

"We will have to wait and see. We tried our best for him," Rachel was brutally honest with me. 

We immediately called for a cab and were on our way back to our place. I did not know how Yoongi would find his way back to the real world but I hoped for the best to see him again alive. The portal has to open and Yoongi has to find it. I remembered AgustD suddenly and hoped that he would help Yoongi back into the real world. 

It was time AgustD took back his throne rightfully from his stepbrother. I know that AgustD could rule his nation in his realm with justice and peace.