Tension (Smut Warning)

I reluctantly sit next to the handsome Polynesian man and watch a woman perform on the pole in front of us.

"You look beautiful, but you always do." Roman smiles.

I lift my chin and try not to react to his compliment.

"Thank you." I can't help but take in his appearance.

He looks amazing in a suit.

His muscles threaten to burst open the expensive material at any moment, though.

His hair is in a neat bun and faded on the sides. His beard is neatly trimmed and I lick my lips at the sight of his lips.

He looks more handsome than I remember. He grabs a glass of brown liquid and hands it to me.

"Enjoying your night, Ms. Michaels?" He asks in his deep, sexy voice.

I clear my throat and stare into his eyes.

"If we're gonna do business with each other, please call me Angela." I say and Roman lifts a brow.

"You've decided?" He asks.

"Not yet. I've decided that how you treat me tonight will determine what I decide. However, there's some things we have to agree on before I agree to anything."

Roman nods and stands. He holds out his hand and I give him a questioning look.

"If you want to discuss terms, follow me."

I sigh and take his hand. I let him lead me to a room down the hall.

We stand in what looks like a conference room and I shake my head.

"Of course this club is yours." I say, as I turn to him.

Roman smirks and shrugs out his blazer, before directing me to sit.

I sigh and do as he says. I set my drink on the table in front of me and cross my arms.

"Ok, let's get to the point. I.."

Roman holds up a finger and smiles at me.

"Not yet. One thing you need to know about this partnership I want, is that I'm not looking for a partner in crime. I can take your properties easily. You've seen me take your clients and allies."

I glare at him, but decide not to interrupt.

"My father won't be alive forever and I don't trust anyone else. So, I don't need someone who can betray me once they get what they want. I need someone I can trust, someone I can rely on wholeheartedly." Roman says.

"I understand that. But, what I don't understand is why you came to me. We don't know each other and I could easily betray you."

"Yes, you could. But, not if you want your father to stay alive." Roman says and I narrow my eyes.

"You're threatening me again? Trust goes both ways Roman, so now it's my turn." I stand and walk over to him.

"I refuse to align myself with a whiny little boy who throws a temper tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants. I will not be manipulated by you, your dad or mine! So, you're gonna treat me with respect or we can start this war right now." I glare at him.

Roman smirks and I feel my anger rise up inside me, along with another feeling..

"You already have my respect, Angela. You're the only person who has the balls to stand up to me..I admire your defiance." Roman says and I feel like I just got the wind knocked out of me.

"So, I'll cut right to the chase. I'm looking for a life partner, Angela. I need someone I can trust to help me run the business." Roman says and I nod.