Chapter One: Two Gusts of Wind

Dear everyone,

After serious consideration I am leaving. Where I am going is a secret but I will be a okay. To Vera and Aran thank you and I love you. Everyone else except for mom and dad I love you too. Mom and dad I hope you are happy with me leaving.

:)

-Y/n

12 years later...

The girl found herself in some sort of lair fighting against on of the Fatui harbingers. Her whole body felt cold. She had a huge cut on her stomach and was loosing blood fast, but she couldn't give up.

A few months earlier

The h/c haired girl was seated at the Wanmin restaurant with some of her good friends. Her and a blue haired teen were doing most of the talking as literature was the topic of discussion.

"Xingqiu, I've been wanting to talk about this book forever! I'm so happy that you've read it." Y/n exclaimed before she took a sip of her drink of choice.

"Of course I have my liege, it is one of Yae's publishing houses best sellers why wouldn't I give it a read." He questioned as he took a sip of water.

"Can we talk about something other than books guys?" An icy blue boy asked.

"Sorry." The two said in unison.

Chongyun shook his head and smiled in response to their antics. Currently the three were waiting for the food that they had ordered and would be joined by their other friend, Xiangling.

"Wait no longer my bestest of friends, your food has arrived!" The fiery girl walked over with a big tray of food and started setting it down at the table.

"Ooh I can't wait to dig in!" Y/n clapped her hands together once with a big grin. She only gets to go to Liyue every once in a while so it's been quite some time since she got to have their cuisine. She preferred it over Mondstadt's any day.

"Yes everyone please enjoy." The indigo haired girl joined the group and sat down at their table.

Y/n took her chopsticks and started to eat. "Mmm! Xiangling you really outdid yourself this time." The girl complimented her friend.

"Why thank you, that means a lot coming from one of Mondstadt's top adventures." The chef smiled.

"Ah yes, the Iris Adventurer." Xingqiu chimed in with a wink.

"Guys please, just call me Y/n and no more of that flower nonsense." The girl laughed.

To this day she doesn't exactly know where or who the nickname came from but she's been used to being called Iris for a while now, sometimes she even uses it as an alibi.

Most people know her as a very strong adventurer. When she was on her long travel from Sumeru to Mondstadt she had to do a lot of adventuring to survive. There were countless of close calls, once she was saved by another adventurer and another time she was saved by a knight. She was soon able to avoid the monster camps altogether but sometimes she did have to fight with the sword she brought with her. Thankfully, the sword was specifically made for her tiny hands as a gift from her older brother. This allowed her to wield it albeit with some difficulty.

"What has you so deep in thought?" Chongyun asked while licking his popsicle.

"Just thinking about my travels." She answered.

Suddenly, she felt a gust of cool air touch her and her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Did you guys feel that?" Y/n asked as she put her chopsticks down and stopped eating.