invitation

TUESDAY, 10:30 FIELD
-------------------‐-‐-----------------

I ran up to bat and got ready. I heard Maya cheering me on and I very visibly cringed in her direction.
I looked up at Alec who was holding the ball ready to roll it my way.
When he did I kicked and took off running to the next base. I went as far as my legs could take me before I stopped.
I had no idea what base I was on, but the base was behind Dustin  who was guarding it.
"Hey ma, you looked good out there," he said with a flirty smile.
"You're not doing too bad yourself," I said and returned the smile.

Next Maya was up for bat. Now I'm definitely scared for Alec's face. He still had a bandage on his nose from last week when Ana knocked him upside the head.
But Maya sucks at aiming.
"Pray for ya mans" I whispered to Dustin.
"Shii I already am" He replied nervously.
Maya was doing a whole lot of unnecessary moving and stretching while we all waited for her to get into position so Alec can roll the ball.
"C'mon Ishi-Peters! get in position!" The coach yelled.
I got severe second hand embarrassment as I watched Maya finally get into position.
Alex rolled the ball to her and she swinged her foot....

But missed the ball completely....

"That was just practice!" She giggled and looked around nervously.
My lips pressed together in a straight line as I felt literal tears gathering in my eyes.
"Kick it Mai! You can do this!" Ana continued to cheer her on.
Alex sighed irritatedly before jogging to get the ball.
He then looked at the coach waiting for her signal to roll it again.
The coach blew her whistle Loudly then Alex rolled the ball. This time Mayas foot connected and I ran to the next base.
I heard Dustin calling for people to pass his the ball as he could get me out.
I heard his footsteps behind me before I abruptly stopped at the base right before home.
"Damnit!"
"You thought nigga!" I laughed as I turned around to face Dustin who was obviously irritated.
"Whatever I was close" He rolled his eyes before walking back to his original spot.
Once he was there he looked at me again.
He lowkey actually looked mad. I didn't know if he was literally tweaking or not so I blew him a playful kiss. He then pretended to catch it and put it on his pocket.
I guess that answers my question.

Maya watched our interaction and knowing Maya, she was about to do something embarrassing.
I watched as she turned and blew a kiss to Brandt who just scrunched up his face a disgusted way before looking away.
I tried to suppress my laugh, but I looked over at Dustin and made eye contact with him. In less than a second, I was doubled over holding my stomach.
The coach blew her whistle, and everyone turned their attention to her. "Go get changed, class is over!" She shouted, and everyone rushed back into the school building.
"You did good out there ma." Dustin said and draped his arm around my shoulder.
"Not as good as youuu" I giggled and kissed him on the cheek.
"Y/N!" I heard an ear drum popping voice yell out and heard footsteps fast approaching me.
I didn't even have to turn around to know that it was Maya and Ana.
I sighed in an annoyed way and dragged my hands down my face.
"You can go on to the lockeroom. I don't want them bothering you"
"Whatever you say. I'll holla at you later ok?"
"Ok bye!"
I watched him do that lil athletic jog to walk beside Brandt and Alex.
By the time he turned the turned the corner  Maya and Ana had already made it to me.
"Aww he left..." Mayya pouted.
"Why does that matter?" I gave her a suspicious yet questioning look.
"Oh we just wanted to say hi, you know?" Ana mumbled while raking her fingers through the ends of her hair.
"Why? He's my boyfriend not yours"
"Well he was supposed to  be" Maya shrugged.
"What do you mean?" I started to walk towards the lockeroom with both of them in tow.
"Yknow he loved me"
"Maya...do you still not realize that they were just playing a really cruel joke on you?" I stopped walking and looked at her concerned.
"I know but still. He was mine first Yknow" she smiled nervously.
I said nothing and just turned around and walked again.
I'm not in the mood to fight with her.

TUESDAY 10:50, CAFETERIA
--------‐-------------------------------------‐---‐
I sat at the popular kids table again and I could practically feel Maya and Ana's eyes on me.
I nervously shifted in my seat, not liking the feeling of being stared at.
"Hey, you ok?"
I was snapped out of my daze by Dustin's voice.
"Mhm"
"No you're not. What's up with you?" He narrowed hus eyes at me, somehow catching on to my lie.
"They won't stop looking at me and it's starting to get on my nerves"  I mumbled.
"Want me to go say something?"
"Nah, you're tye last person that should be going over there..." I looked over at the two girls and made sure to make direct eye contact.
They quickly looked away and started to whisper to eachother.
I then looked back at Dustin who looked at me with a smile before throwing his arm around my waist and talked to Brandt.

"Yeah this party is about to be fire dawg!" Brandt smiled and reached over the table to dap up Alex.
"Aye man I don't think I can go. Yknow I got basketball practice after school on Tuesdays" Dustin spoke up.
"Nah man you gotta be there!"
"I don't know man..."
Brandt just stared at him until he finally caved in.
"Ight I'll see what I can do."
"Let's gooo!!!" Brandt banged on the table gathering the attention from most of everyone in the cafeteria, especially Maya and Ana.
"This party is about to be lit!" Alex laughed.
"Hey what party are they talking about?" I pulled on Dustin's shirt to get his attention.
"Oh I was gonna invite you, but it's just a party that Brandt threw together." He shrugged.
"Oh well who's all gonna be there?"
"Me, the guys, their girls, basically everyone at this table"
"Ok I'll see if I can make it"
"I hope you can."

WORD COUNT 1093