Chapter 91

Commander Xiao straightened his back and thought to himself, This is my grandson , this is my grandson .

Just as he finished preparing herself mentally, Tong Jiaxin farted twice in a row.

Tong Jiaxin ate a lot of food tonight, including one or two sweet potatoes. The smell was really indescribable.

Commander Xiao slapped him hard on the butt, covered him with the blanket, and rushed out.

If he didn't come out, he would really be suffocated.

In the middle of the night, it suddenly started to rain and snow. It was even colder in the morning.

There were only five days off for Chinese New Year. There were still two days before work. The holidays were too short.

Tong Xuelu originally wanted to stay in bed for the whole day. However, at noon, someone from the Ministry of Commerce suddenly came to her door with a piece of news.

Xie Chengzhou was going to Yangzhou to visit his mother's relatives and pay respects to his grandparents.

Because all the state-run restaurants in the country were not open, the people from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were worried that Xie Chengzhou would not be able to eat well on the way. After some discussion, they decided to let Tong Xuelu go with him.

When Tong Xuelu heard the news, she cursed several times in her heart.

She admired a comrade like Xie Chengzhou, but she really did not want to go far on such a cold day.

However, it was obvious that she had no right to refuse.

After seeing the people off, Tong Xuelu went into the house and announced the news to everyone.

Commander Xiao's face suddenly turned ugly. "It's not good for Grandpa to intervene in this matter."

If they were in the army, he might be able to use his connections. However, this was Beijing. It was not good for him to intervene.

Most importantly, this was a very honorable thing in the eyes of many people. If they refused, people would think that they did not know what was good for them and did not have a sense of collective honor.

Tong Xuelu said, "Grandpa, don't be embarrassed. I'll go. However, you're leaving tomorrow. I can't send you off."

Commander Xiao's mood became even worse when he thought about leaving.

He had not spent time with his grandchildren before, so he could still control himself. However, after spending a few days with them, he did not want to leave at all.

No matter what, he had to find a way to transfer back to City this year.

His granddaughter was so beautiful. He had to come back and take care of her in person. He could not let Wen Rugui take her away.

Since they were leaving for Yangzhou tomorrow, Tong Xuelu informed everyone and went to pack.

At noon, Wen Rugui came over to hear the news. He felt as if there was a rock on his heart that kept suffocating him.