CHAPTER 4 - NINA

It was her second day in Bahia and Nina was already looking forward to meeting her friends. As soon as she got ready for the day, Nina rushed to the hotel's main restaurant to have breakfast with Bruna and Laura, that probably being their last meal together. When she got her food and found the girls, she could see someone else with them, a tanned girl with green eyes and long golden hair.

"Nina, here!" Laura signalized and Nina sat in front of the new girl. "This is our friend Karol." She introduced them. "Her family owns the hotel." Laura whispered with a giggle, making Karol and Bruna roll their eyes as Nina widened hers. She does look familiar, but how come we've never been introduced to each other? Nina thought to herself.

"Please, if you could forget about my family it would be great." She asked as Nina assented.

"Anyways, how was last night?" Bruna asked the girl beside her, receiving a confused face. "Or did you think no one noticed that you were both gone after a while?" She provoked, eating a piece of melon.

"We were just at the beach..." Nina tried to escape the subject due to her shyness.

"From a certain point of view we were all at the beach." Laura argummented, finishing her croissant, and receiving a killer look from Nina.

"Nothing happened, if that's what you're asking. He probably doesn't want anything." She declared finally eating her tapioca, a typical Brazilian snack, with ham and cheese. Both girls looked at each other disappointed, while the new member of the table looked rather confused.

"We're trying to get her together with the swiss guy." Bruna quickly explained and Karol assented.

"Believe me, even if it ends up in nothing, you'll be doing this guy a huge favor just by being with him, because that bitch that follows him around is fucking annoying." Karol said to Nina, trying to console her and showing that she knew what was going on at the hotel. Bruna laughed agreeing and Laura finally recognized it was true, nodding, giving Bruna the perfect chance to provoke her.

"What happened? Weren't you best friends with the bitch in question?" She asked, arching her eyebrow.

"I tried to see her as just a difficult person to deal with, but yesterday she spent the whole night trying to convince me that Nina was a whore, with basically no arguments other than her jealousy. So, yes, I do recognize that she's manipulative and a little out of her mind." She explained her sudden change of opinion, making everyone nod in comprehension.

"Well, we're leaving, but we're leaving you in good hands." Bruna concluded winking at Nina, who smiled in relief looking at the girl in front of her.

"Have you guys told her how you met?" Karol asked the other two, changing the subject.

"No, they haven't and I'm very curious, by the way." Nina answered as she saw Laura blush with the question.

"Two years ago I came to Brazil for an interchange and I stayed at Bruna's house." Laura explained quickly.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." Karol insisted.

"We grew closer and eventually started dating." Bruna said as if it was nothing, getting Nina off guard.

"You guys are dating?" She asked surprised.

"I know! They're super discreet." Karol accused in disbelief with her friends' behavior.

"Oh, stop it. You know we're both timid to demonstrate affection in front of others and it's not well accepted in public places." Bruna said angrily, with a sarcastic tone in the last part.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just that, you guys are so cute together." Karol exclaimed with a sad look, while receiving a hug from Laura.

"We know you didn't say it with bad intentions, but we need to choose our battles wisely. In this case, we're fine with acting like we're just friends out of our room." Bruna explained and they all assented.