chap. 3 /=LOVE=/ kana pov

Another boring day at school. I'd spent the entirety of the first half of the day thinking about how much of an asshole that Aqua was. Lying to me to get me on a show? Classic Aqua, but somehow I'd fallen for it twice.

"Kana-chan! Whatcha doing there sulking about? It's lunch break, ya know?!" Ruby's voice made me jump, before I realized that she was right, the classroom was empty except for me. I turned my head to look at Ruby outside and smiled sheepishly.

After grabbing my wallet and getting downstairs, all I did was pretty much sit there and continue whatever I was doing. Meaning thinking about Aqua.

How. How had I fallen for his lies twice? How had I fallen...for him? I hated him yet I wanted him so much it was ridiculous.

"Kana-chan. Walk with me?" Aqua? My head turned by itself, my heart clearly oblivious that my brain wanted to ignore him and walk away. Without thinking, I agreed.

"Come." Aqua walked towards the garden, and I mindlessly followed him. It was as if I was in a trance whenever I saw him, consumed by contradicting opinions of his character. We wove through trees and flowerpots, going who knows where.

"Uh... where are we actually going?" I asked.

"You'll know."

Well, I didn't, but apparently I would.

We emerged from the plants outside a small court, surrounded by metal wiring. Aqua led me inside.

"Do you know now?"

I did. This was where we'd skipped school together, where I'd truly fallen in love with him. The background was romantic in its own way, as I stared into Aqua's eyes. Dammit, why did I love him so much?

"Kana-chan...I know it's complicated. But I don't want Akane." His hand reached to my chin, tipping my head up so I was looking at him.

"I want you."

He took a step closer to me, charming me with his gaze.

"I...I like you too." It seemed so hard to get the words out of my mouth after so long, but I'd finally gotten the moment. It was somewhat relieving to finally say it.

"Can I kiss you?" Blood rushed to my cheeks at the question, but i nodded.

We moved closer, and our lips touched.

Finally.