chap. 2 /=SCENE=/ aqua pov

Somehow, I convinced Kana to come back in calmly instead of storming in and yelling some probably-inappropriate things to the director.

"Everyone, welcome another new member, Arima Kana. Kana, we all wish you a great coming season." I looked away from Kana, who was surely scowling at me, while I heard Memcho's excited squeals at seeing her. Kana herself sulked for the rest of the day, except for a few scenes where the camera rolled for her and Memcho's conversations.

"Do you think you'll find someone this season?"

"Probably not, but you know who i'm rooting for..." Memcho's quick reply left Kana blushing, knowing what she meant. I desperately wanted to run up to her and tell the redhead that I never loved Akane. But with the latter sitting right next to me, there was no way I could do that.

I felt Akane's hand gently tap mine, alerting me that the camera had turned towards us and was rolling. Time to act in love again. I wondered when I could finally get out of this ridiculous fake relationship. The public thought we were still together, and for the show's sake we had to act like we were still what we never were.

"Akane, what do you think of Kana?" I asked the first question I thought of, trying to at least pretend we were in conversation.

"She's a bitch. But no one will steal you from me, right?" Akane answered quickly, gazing at me with her love-stare. Considering our breakup was actually months ago, the genius actress had pulled off yet another role as my business girlfriend.

"No one. Like I said, I just can't leave you behind." I tried to give the same performance as Akane did, and although it wasn't the most convincing, our background pulled off the scene. Akane's dark hair swayed gently in the soft wind as we stared into each other's eyes, giving the shot its final touches.

The click from the cameras stopping was heard, and I stole a quick glance at Kana. Her face had jealousy written all over it, although clearly she was trying to act cool. Our eyes met for a split second, making me want to say everything I ever wanted to say to her, grab her and run away from Akane.

But not now. Not now, because I'd gotten myself stuck in this weird mess of a... love triangle? No. Just some not-very-convenient situation. The only thing I could assure myself was this.

Relax, Kana-chan. I'm yours. Just wait until I figure out how to finish this other one off.