chapter 6

Author's note:

Thanks for your feedback. I have decided to add few chapters before the last one. Actually when i got idea for this story it was actually meant to be an after marriage one. But because the before marriage part was so long I thought of ending it there. But after your supporting feedback I am able to wright what i actually intended to. Thankyou everyone.

_________________________________________

Meerab woke up next morning to find herself alone in the room. It was evident Murtasim didn't come back from wherever he went last night. She sat up on bed still contemplating whether to go downstairs to the dining room or wait for him. But her reluctant heart just wanted her to lock herself and never see any of the people out there waiting for her. But she knew it was not an option. She was still thinking when the door opened.

It was Maryam who came inside. She had a dress in her hands. She put it down on recliner beside the balcony. She turned around to say salam to Meerab.

"Wa alaikum assalam. Thanks yaar, mujhe to yaad hi nahi raha ke mere kapde yaha nahi honge." Meerab said getting out of bed. Meerab freshen up and got dress in a maroon coloured dress Maryam had brought for her. She put on light make up hide her puffed up eyes. She looked in the mirror to find her reflection looking like a perfect new bride. She was satisfied with her appearance as she was making sure nobody dare to show sympathy to her.

"Chalo Ma tumhara intezar kar rahi hain." Maryam told her. She wondered where Murtasim was but did not ask Maryam.

_________________________________________

"Kaisi tabiyat hai ab tumhari. Kuch behtar lag raha hai? Murtasim ko subah office se phone aaya tha kuch zaruri kaam hai. Iskiye jaldi chala gaya." Phuppo told her while having breakfast. "Aur tum ye pura kha kar uthogi. Kya halat bana li hai tumne apni." She said putting one more paratha in Meerab's plate.

It seems like Phuppo had forgotten what happened yesterday, Meerab thought. She was acting like everything was completely normal. But Meerab felt relieved. She was not ready to talk about it.

"Achchha mene walime ke liye kuchh jode mangaye hain. Tum dekhlo tumhe konsa pasand hai."

Meerab thought she'd rather wear a kafan but kept quite.
_________________________________________

Walima reception was over. Meerab had changed in white cotton suit which was a reflection of her feeling at that time, colourless and lifeless. Murtasim didn't come home. He reached the venue directly from his office. She didn't know whether he was actually busy or avoiding the fact that he's married to the wrong woman. But she did not care she told herself.

She took the pillow from the bed and put it on the recliner.

"What are you doing?" She stilled for a moment but didn't turn around on Murtasim's voice, who had just entered the room. 

"Apna bistar kar rahi hu." She said getting on the the recliner without looking at him.

"You know a recliner can stop a man only in bollywood movies." He said playfully, pulling off his tie. Meerab hugged the comforter tightly. At first she got a little wary but then her anger resurfaced. How dare he talk to her like nothing happened last night. She turned her back to him and closed her eye without bothering to answer him.

Meerab woke up with a start when she felt someone's hand around her. She opened her eyes to find Murtasim hovering over her. In moonlight coming from window he was looking like an artist's most desired sculpture has been personified. Looking into his molten brown her breathing stilled for a second. Her heart started banging in her chest. She came back to her senses when Murtasim streightened up carrying her bridal style out of the recliner.