4.

TW: cursing (as usual, but I think that's it regarding this chapter)

"Well... I should probably go. You can find me at an Inn, near that pub on main street." Price looked at me, somehow offended. "What are you saying? You'll be stayin' here, love.'' 

His voice was low and I didn't detect any form of humor in it. I shifted, a bit uncomfortable. "That's not really–" Price cut me off "It is. It's necessary." I looked at him, taking in his features and concluded arguing wasn't an option.

Moving my braid to the side and nodding, I looked at my wrist watch. "Alright then, Sir. I have an hour until the check-out ends, or I'll be paying for tonight also." 

Price smiled. "Don't worry, Soap will drive you."

At that, Soap stood up straighter, "I will?" he asked, confused. Price grumbled, and I lifted my brows. Gaz shifted closer to me. "Sir, I can do that, no problem." His voice kind and steady. Price shook his head, "Negative, Gaz. I'll need you and Ghost back at the barracks."

I looked back at Gaz and smiled a little "Thank you, I'll manage with Soap." Gaz smiled and nodded, looking back at Price. 

"How did you get here in tha first place?" Soap asked, stretching his hands above his head. I shrugged. "Well, on foot. How else?"

Price huffed "Kid, it's almost half an hour away on foot." I hummed at that, not really minding the connotation behind those words. As if I have never walked longer distances, with more gear on. 

I moved towards Soap, looking at him, at which he gave me a wide smile. "Alright then, lass. Off we go."

"Just one thing." Ghost said, and was suddenly much closer to me. I looked up at him, knitting my brows in expectation. His piercing brown ones gazed at me hard, but otherwise his demeanor slightly relaxed. 

"...Yes, L.t.?" I offered. Ghost tilted his head "What should we call you?" His voice echoed, and I felt my heart skip a beat. Shit.

Price must have sensed my unease, so he responded instead of me. "For now, we use her callsign. No need for all of you to know private matters, yet. No matter how foolish that sounds, given the circumstances." I breathed out, giving him a thankful look.

"Please understand." Ghost nodded, taking a step back. Still, I felt conflicted. "But–" I started and Price tsk'ed, "You don't have to, love." I shook my head, a few stray strands falling out of my braid again. 

"No... I mean, Reaper is not my actual callsign. I'm not from the UK or the States." Price smiled at that, realizing I would still give intimate information about myself, even though I wasn't pressured.

Ghost's eyes slightly widened at my statement, and I felt the rest of the men looking at me. 

"My callsign is Sjena. It means shadow." 

Ghost looked me over again, and I felt as if he was assessing me once again. With a short nod, he turned and exited the room. "Alright. Shall we, Captain?" Gaz piped up, giving me a supportive pat on the shoulder. He does that a lot, huh? I thought to myself and contained a chuckle.

Soap got my attention by raising his hand, signaling for me to follow. I started walking towards him, but said over my shoulder. "It'll take an hour, max, Sir." 

Price huffed "Take your time, love. Bring everything you have, or might need. We don't get a lot of women on the base. Just... giving you a heads up. Also, call me Price, yeah?"

By the time he said it, Soap and I were already at the door. I turned halfway. "Copy that, Price, Sir." He rolled his eyes, but a glint was present in them.