Epilogue

It had been five years since the Games, and Katniss's life had undergone remarkable changes. Back in District 12, she found solace and support in the love of her mother and Peeta, who had become an unwavering presence in her life.

After the tumultuous events of the arena, the Capitol whisked Katniss and her precious twins, Primrose and Thistle, out to safety and back to District 12. The love and bond between the three of them grew stronger with each passing day.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over District 12, Katniss sat in the comfort of her cottage, her mother and Peeta by her side. The room was filled with a sense of peace and tranquility.

"Are you doing okay, Katniss?" her mother asked, concern etched in her gentle voice.

"I think it's time," Katniss replied softly, her hands gently cradling her pregnant belly.

Peeta's eyes widened with both excitement and concern. "Should we get the midwife?"

"No," Katniss replied firmly, her voice laced with determination. "I want this to be just us."

With her mother and Peeta at her side, Katniss braced herself for the journey ahead. As the contractions began, she drew strength from the love she felt for her family.

"Oh, it's starting," Katniss winced, feeling the pain ripple through her body.

Her mother gently massaged her back, offering soothing words of encouragement. "You're doing great, Katniss. Just breathe."

Peeta held her hand tightly, his unwavering support grounding her in the present moment. "You've got this, Katniss. We're right here with you."

With each contraction, Katniss's body surged with pain, and she let out a heavy moan, her grip on Peeta's hand tightening. "It hurts, it hurts so much."

"It's okay, sweetheart," Peeta reassured. "We're here for you."

As the night wore on, the cottage echoed with the sounds of Katniss's labor. Her mother and Peeta never left her side, offering comfort and reassurance.

Finally, as the contraction subsided, Katniss took a deep breath, feeling both relief and anticipation. She knew that the birth was imminent, and she looked forward to meeting her third child.

But as the next contraction hit, Katniss's pain intensified, and she let out a loud, piercing scream, her voice echoing through the small space.

"It's coming!" her mother exclaimed, her face filled with both excitement and concern.

Peeta squeezed her hand tighter. "You're doing amazing, Katniss. Just a little bit longer."

That night, Katniss' screams pierced the air, shattering the silence.