Chapter 3: Broken Promises

A car pulled up in front of my sisters and I watched as 4 girls came out including the lady who I now knew for a fact gave birth to me. She walked up to me with a huge grin on her face.

"Hey mami" she spoke.

"Hello" I said taking in all her features. She motioned for me to go with her over to the girls she came with. As we walked over to them I couldn't help but think that they looked so much like my "mother", when we reached them they all stopped talking, looking at me and smiling.

"Hey I'm Lynn, I'm your sister and this is Amy and Angelica, your other sisters" she said then embracing me into a hug. I just smiled at them not knowing what to say due to the fact I was still surprised this was all happening.

"So were you surprised when you found out?" my mother, Vanessa asked.

"Yeah" I mumbled. We walked away from my sisters walking towards her car, she looked at me for awhile as if she was trying to figure out the right words to mkae up this mess.

"Wow you look exactly like me" she finally said. I smiled not knowing if that was a good thing or bad. I just smiled mumbling a thank you.

"Well now that you know I guess this is it, no more having to hear you call me titi...it used to break my heart hearing you say that Henn, but I promise I'm here now, I'm so happy you found out, now you can come live with me and get too know your brothers and sisters" she continued. I knew deep down I didn't want to go, yeah she was my "mom" but she was still a complete stranger same for the rest of the people she came with. Who knew she never really meant any of those words though. My name was then being called. I looked towards my sister house and saw my "mom" the lady that raised me was telling me to go over to her. I made my over to her.

"Let's take a walk" she whispered, I looked up at her and her eyes glistened indicating that she was crying. I didn't reply just nodded walking beside her. There was an awkward silence between us, showing neither of us knew what to say.

"Are you okay?" she spoke up, looking down at me. I stood quiet, asking myself the same question over and over again. Was I okay? Of course not, I just found out everything everyone's been saying is true. My life was a lie. My "family" was a lie. And though my head was completely buzzed with questions, there was one question that stood out the most, the one question I couldn't even answer, why? Why did they give me away?

"Henn?" my mom said, taking me out my thoughts.

"Oh yeah I'm okay" I finally answered. By time I answered we were already almost up the alley back to there I lived. My mom stopped me looking at me, facing her back towards the others.

"Listen baby girl, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I'm sorry for everything. I didn't know how to explain it to you, I wanted to wait till you were older, you could've always asked me and I would've told you , don't even feel as If you have to hide things from me. I will always be your mom as your family will always be your family. You can call them "mom", "dad" it's your choice, just please don't forget where you came from my love" She said shedding tears. I realized I was crying also, why was this all happening? Why did it have to happen to me? I NEVER ASKED FOR ANY OF THIS!

As we finally reached the front of the house, I listened to my "dad" screaming on the phone at someone.

"YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO TELL HER!" He yelled. Then realizing he was on the phone with my grandfather.

"IDC SHES MY DAUGHTER, I WOULD HAVE TOLD HER WHEN SHE READY!"

"IDFC WHO RAISED HER!" He kept screaming over and over again, before shutting his phone and looking over at me. I put my head down, I just wanted this all to be over.

My wish had finally came true. Everything happened in a blink of an eye. A phone call came through, There was screaming, everyone was then gone. Getting in their cars and driving off.

My sister had called screaming that her current mate had put his hands on her. Watching as everyone left, I stood with my older cousin Breanna, sitting on the couch wondering what was going to happen next. Were they going to take me? Leave me? Have arrangements to see me? My head just spun in different directions. If I could have a penny for my thoughts, I'd be rich, but i would be a billionair if every penny stood for a lie, a broken promise, missing birthday, unspent holiday, and many more.