Chapter 6: Seeing Them

I looked at the familiar block of 142nd. I was finally getting to see my family. I knew I was going too cry. We stopped a block away and Vanessa got out the car, I looked at her confused and she gave me a comforting smile, telling me everything was going to be okay. We pulled into the alley and my family was outside, I saw Davi and the rest of the kids running around the parking lot and my sister on the porch. My stomach had an uneasy feeling and my head started pounding. I opened the car door and made my way over to the porch. Tears quickly formed in my eyes and I felt choked up. No words, or emotion could explain how I felt at that moment. I ran into my sisters arms and bawled, I wanted to stay like that forever. Why did they have to do this?! Couldn't they see how hurt I was?!

"Beba?!" I heard the voice of the lady that raised me all my life, the lady couldn't thank to this day, the lady I call my mother! I hugged her so hard and I felt her warm tears fall onto my shoulders. She kept repeating over and over again how much she missed me. I walked inside the familiar house not worrying to look back at my sperm donor. It was his and that lady's fault for this pain I felt, for the pain my whole family felt! It wasn't fair that they can pick and choose when they wanted to make me hurt, why couldn't they just leave me alone.

My weekend with my family went by pretty fast, and before I knew it I was in the car on my way back to my donor's house. I hated this, my whole life felt like it was token away, and even worst my mom told me everyone was moving to FL including her, but she wasn't going to leave without me, which made me really happy. We pulled into the driveway and I made way inside. I sat down on the couch with my knees up to my chest, everyone seemed so occupied while I just felt lonely and confused. My head was stirring with thought and I just wanted to sleep.

"Bye mom" I heard Michael scream, making my head shoot up, at the same time seeing Vanessa and Andre exiting the house.

"Where are they going?" I asked Michael who was now stuck on his game again.

"Casino, don't you remember what Delis said yesterday?"

"Oh yeah. Her. What's her deal anyways?" I said feeling my eyes slightly role.

"She just has an attitude problem, ignore her" I felt a little better after he said that. Maybe things weren't so bad, after all everyone was trying to make me feel comfortable but I still couldn't do it, I couldn't see these people as family. I felt so bad because I knew Vanessa was trying but I keep shutting them out, how would my family feel if I became comfortable with them? I couldn't hurt them like that. Before I knew it my eyes were shut and I was soundly asleep.