Getting Our Ranks

Me, Iruma, and Sabnock are currently sitting on our knees with signs on our necks. Iruma's sign says 'Reflecting'. Sabnock's sign says that 'I won't break my promise again'. And mine says, 'Don't be a fool who follows their problematic brother'.

"I will now announce your ranks." An owl lands on Kalego's arm. "This creature is a ranking owl. During this test, he was watching and assessing your every move." Kalego explains.

"There's a lot of birds today." Lied says. "Yeah, happy bird day." Elizabetta smiles. "Don't forget that other little bird." Jazz grins.

"As I was saying!" Kalego says, and Jazz straightens up. "If you reach into the pocket onto his belly, he'll give you your ranking badge. It looks like this." He demonstrates and pulls out his badge.

"Since you filth came in last, you will be last to get ranked." Kalego glares at us. "You suck!" Clara throws rocks at us. "Let that be a lesson to you. Enjoy the rock throwing and being pelted with tiny rocks." He laughs.

"So spiteful!" Sabnock yells. "Alright, line up in single file." Kalego orders. "This is mortifying!" Sabnock grunts. "Well, I mean, it could've been worse. At least we weren't expelled for coming back with the guardian." Iruma says.

"The looks on their faces were quite the sight to behold, weren't they?" Sabnock laughs. "Iruma, Reina. I have to say this is not something I could've accomplished alone. Allow me to show thee my gratitude. I am no match for thee." Bow bows to us.

"I apologize for my rudeness, for thou art amazing! So today, I formally dub thee my rival!" He declares. "I'm your rival!?" Irums asks, shocked. "Let's you and I compete for the Demon Kings throne!" He grins. "Wait. So I'm your rival, too?" I ask. "No, thou shall be my Demon Queen!" Sabnock shouts.

'Shit.' I curse in my head. "HAHAHAHA!! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!!!" The Goddess laughs at me in my head.

"Hey! Eyes at the front slackers! Get to the back of the line!" Kalego says. "Sure/right/mk." We get up and do as we're told.

Asmodeus is first in line, and he pulls out Daleth.

"Wow! He got Daleth!" Lied shouts. "No wonder he's top of the class." Lied says. "Most first years get Olive or bet at most!" Caim adds.

"Well, can't argue with that. Although the others are doing quite well too." Kalego writes everything down.

Jazz got Gimel. Crocell got Bet, same with Purson. Surprisingly enough, Clara also got Gimel like Jazz.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! How in the world can you be a Gimel!? That cannot be!" Asmodeus shouts. "Bow down to me!" Clara says. "My ranking is higher than yours, fool!" Asmodeus hollors.

"Well, she did place second. Apparently, luck is a skill, too." Kalego says. "Preposterous!" Asmodeus shouts.

Sabnock is next, and he gets Bet.
"Woah, are you kidding me? Sabnock got Bet?" Allocer says. "I assumed he would've placed higher." Elizabetta says. "Especially considering all the teachers he fought for it." Jazz adds. "Yeah, but he came last in the race." Lied points out.

'Bet huh? Very well, after dying mere moments ago, this won't set me back. I'll just keep climbing the ranks and aim to become Demon King!' He declares in his mind.

"You two are the last ones. Get going!" Kalego shouts. "Oh! Right!" Iruma walks up to the ranking owl. "Should we go together?" I whisper to him. "Huh? Oh, sure." He smiles.

'Pleasebenormalpleasebenormalpleasebenormal!!' I chant in my head, hoping that if I say it enough times, it'll actually happen.

"You guys think he'll pull out something weird again?" Jazz asks. "Like a bird familiar?" Lied smiles. "Silence." Kalego glares. "The rank owl is ernest and true. It can not be manipulated or swayed, period. To say nothing to the fact that this rank owl hasn't even made a peep in a century." Kalego says.