Chapter 5

"So we're going to get our textbooks now?" Iruma asks. "Yes! With subjects like Demon basics, curses, and the Art of Torture!" Asmodeus exclaimes.

"Huh?" Iruma interjected. "I can't wait! What about you?" Asmodeus asks. "Uh, yeah, me neither.." Iruma sweatdrops.

"I'm. So. Very. Excited." I said nonchalantly. Iruma deadpans at my lack of enthusiasm.

"You lot! What do you think you're doing!? Make way for Mistress Reina and Master Iruma!" Asmodeus shouts at the three students. "This isn't helping!!" Iruma shreiked.

Asmodeus seemed to not hear Iruma because he then called upon his familiar. "Didn't I say make way for my Mistress and Master Iruma!?" Asmodeus's gorgon snake breathes out some fire that instantly scares off the other demons.

"Azz, it's fine! You really don't need to do that!" Iruma shreiks. I rush over to Asmodeus's side to see his gorgon snake. "Is that so, if that is your wish, then so be it." Asmodeus says.

"Aw, I wanted to pet it.." I pout. Asmodeus and Iruma look at me, both with completely different expressions.

"As you wish, Mistress Reina!" Asmodeus happily calls upon his familiar once more. I squeal in delight as I start petting his beautiful gorgon snake.

IRUMA POV:

'Reina... Why do I get the feeling she isn't the least bit scared of that eating her? I guess it's good to see her happy, though.' I look over to see Reina smiling happily as she pets Azz's familiar.

"The path has now been cleared! Let us proceed." Asmodeus smiles as if nothing happened.

"Alright..." I mumble. 'Just try to blend in, blend in.' I cry on the inside.

"Woah!" Reina exclaimed. I quickly turn to face her to see what's wrong. I noticed that Azz's familiar had picked up Reina and is now carrying her.

*sigh* 'I thought it bit her or something!' We all continue on our way to get our textbooks. As we arrive, we hear strange noises coming from inside.

Azz puts his arm in front of me, and Azz's familiar wraps itself around Reina protectively.

"Rolling! Rolling!" Someone bursts through the doors and rolls right into the boxes. Azz blocks a box from hitting me.

"Um, are you ok?" I ask concerned. Suddenly, the person shoots up out of the boxes.

"Strike! Hahaha!" The girl laughs. "Excuse me -" Azz cuts me off.

"It's best that you don't speak to her Master Iruma." Azz states. "Huh?" I ask.

"I'm Clara! My right foots, Conner, and my left foots, Murf! My familiar is Fallfal!" Clara exclaimes as she gets closer to me.

"I was trying to get some teaching aids but I got too excited and crashed! Here! Wanna eat some candy!? When you see a big pile of stuff, don't you just wanna go kaboom!?" She asks excitedly.

"I'm gonna do it again! Watch!" She starts to pile up the boxes and sing a weird song.

"Stop stacking those boxes now!" A teacher yells.

"Clara Valac, she's famous for being a colossal weirdo. She can be majorly clingy, so people avoid her." Azz whispers to me.

"They do?" I ask. I look at her to see the teacher still trying to get her to stop stacking the boxes.

The teacher finally notices us. "Your Iruma, and you must be Asmodeus and Reina, right?" He asks. "Iruma and Asmodeus!?" Clara exclaimes happily.

"You can handle this!" The teacher makes it so me, Azz, and Clara are all floating in the air, tied together by a rope.