VIII

Three Years Later . . .

Kolana'

I placed the key in the new Range Rover Jelani surprised me with, for our three year anniversary. It's been three long beautiful years with this man. Surprisingly it's amazing. No drama, no bitches, he comes home every night. Hell, even him and Deshawn are fucking best friends now.

"I am on a whole 'nother level

Girl he only fucked you over cuz you let him

Fuck em girl I guess he didn't know any better

Girl that man didn't show any effort

Do all I can just to show you you're special

Certain it's your love that holds me together

Lately you say he been killin the vibe

Gotta be sick of this guy

Pull up, skurt, get in the ride

Left hand is steering, the other is gripping your thigh." I sang every word of Bryson Tillers song as I cruised down Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. I was meeting Jelani at V.I.P Realty. After damn near 7 months we were finally closing our deal.

Thank God too, I was tired of dealing with our awkward and spread out living situation.

I refused to stay in his bachelor ass condo where I'm sure he's took millions on millions of "girls". Yet my apartment was becoming way too small, but affordable. I pulled up and parked next to Jelani's overly obnoxious red on red tricked out hummer. Getting out the car, I rolled my eyes. Walking towards the door the area was so quiet, all I could hear were my Christian Loubs pumps clicking on the stone walk way. I paused and waited as the door was opened for me. Politely saying thank you, I entered the office building.

"Hey gorgeous" Jelani whispered in my ear, grabbing my waist and pulling me close enough to kiss.

"Hey papi." I smirked.

"Well look at the love birds, are you ready to sign your lives away?" Mr.Loustigna awkwardly laughed at his own joke. Both Jelani and myself spoke not one word. We just stared at him with an unbothered facial expression!

"Right this way." He pointed.

Jelani pulled my seat out, kissing the left side of my forehead. Sitting down Jelani didn't wait to ask the main question.

"How do we close this deal?"

Mr.Loustigna chuckled as he dialed his assistant asking for two people to be sent in. He began . . .

"As the buyer, you'll basically sign a stack of legal documents including paperwork related to your mortgage and paperwork related to the transfer of ownership of the property. You'll also pay closing costs and fees and the initially required escrow payments for your homeowner's insurance and property taxes. Which is all the paper work we sent to your lawyers."

I took that as my clue to take the stack of paperwork out and placing it neatly on my lap, still allowing him to finish.

Jelani

Knock

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

Mr.Loustignas door started to creek opened. I tighten my grip on Kolanas arm. While my other hand was making it towards my covered glock.