Duos (Part 2)

Entering through another pair of doors you heard hustling and commotion. Two cushioned chairs sat at the end of both sides of the curtains. Sitting on one you sunk a bit causing Jack to chuckle. Peering over the arm you watched as your partner was adjusting his blades on his hand.

“Wait. Do I need one of those?”

Looking at you in surprise you watched as his face reddened a bit as he shot up from his chair.

“I am so sorry, my dear! Do you prefer long distant attacks or short range attacks?”

“Long I guess.... since I’m significantly smaller than all of the hunters.” You mumbled as you observed your size.

“No need to worry about that. You might get a bit taller when we are teleported into the map.” He answered as he was shuffling through a closet on the other end of the room that looked to be the only item in decent condition. Pulling out a staff and some arrows and walking up to you, he handed them over and sat back down. Observing the staff you took notice that it was made of a very smooth, light metal and that it could fold into thirds transforming into a bow. On the top was tied a sturdy, but flexible string that was tightly connected to the bottom of the staff. Taking the string you pulled it back a bit and it formed into  bow. Gently letting the string go it became a short staff again. Taking an arrow you drew it back and aimed at the closet.

“I would save those arrows if I were you. You don’t want to end up ruining the tips. It is only used to stun, slow down or catch up to your targets. Your main ability will help you more.”

“What can they help with?” You questioned as you took the arrow off and put it back in its holder. Taking the holder you swung it over your shoulder and peered out between the velvet curtains to see eight of your teammates who would soon be your targets. There was the lawyer, postman, prisoner, priestess, enchantress, barmaid, minds eye, and the perfumer. You didn’t know them well, but you didn’t want to inflict pain and injury upon them.

As if sensing your thoughts he leaned in a bit closer. “Your weapon should only inflict minor bruising and minor cuts, so there is no need to worry, I promise. I haven't used it personally, but what I've heard is that the black arrows can slow them down a bit unless you hit them directly with the arrow. It'll give an electric shock stunning them and minor injuries. The silver ones will teleport you to where ever you send it,  but no need to worry. I’ll be right by you helping for the time being.”

Then as he sat up back in his chair he gave a smirk and desolved into dust as everything blurred and the sound of glass shattering woke you to find yourself in Lakeside Village. The smell of sea salt was strong as you saw you spawned by the ocean and an abandoned ship. The ship smelled musty from soaking in the ocean’s water and had mold crawling up its sides as some spots had seaweed, slime and other sea species growing on the ancient wood. Small drifts of a cool breeze drifted by as you looked around not knowing where to start. Pallets and barrels were clustered in messy groups about the place to help give your targets' space. Looking back at the scenery behind you you saw the outline of ten ciphers in blue outlines scattered around the map. Debating on which one to go to the sounds of soft crunching came behind you as you whirled to see Jack approach with his bladed hand outline in a soft mist. You also took notice that you grew a
couple of feet, but were slightly smaller than him.

“I see. You are almost as tall as Joseph, but not tall enough, but that's okay." He said studying your form.  "Alright! Let’s go hunt. Most survivors are going to spawn in the middle or close too, while the rest are on the edges and two will be right near us with the closest cipher. If you see the pole shake there’s one there. The harder the shake the closer it is to be completed or they're more then one survivor.” Putting a hand on your shoulder he pointed to a telephone pull. “That over there will give you boosts and upgrades everytime you hit or chair a survivor. Once one is chaired, no one can rescue for 40 seconds and that'll buy us time to place damage on others. You have blink, but you can switch it with this." Taking your hand gently he placed a thin braclet in your palm. In the center was a dark sphere. "Press it and it'll give you different ability options, but you can only switch once, so choose wisely with what will help. Now the real question is this.” He began to walk briskly towards the center and you quickly followed.