EPISODE 25

E P I S O D E  2 5 [√]p a g e  t w e n t y - f i v e  :  B U R N  B R I G H T

p a g e  t w e n t y - f i v e  :  B U R N  B R I G H T

"oh ano!? ANO!? PALAG!!" (oh what!? WHAT!? C'MON!!) coach saotome yoon palmed his face with a sigh, couldn't bare to look at a certain bi-color haired; precisely stripes of pale yellow and light blue haired male yelling on court as he blocks kakucho.

"he's so embarrassing ..." tenjiku's female manager sweat-drops, the corners of her lips quirking up annoyedly and yelled scoldingly, "RINDOU, SHUT IT!"

the rest of the tenjiku players were laughing at the sidelines when they saw rindou pretending to not hear her as he continue to cockily taunt kakucho who looked like he's merely holding on to a growing thin thread that is his patience. this guy is really ...

rindou was too soaked up in teasing the boy that he failed to see the ball swiftly crossing him through his open legs with a pleasant bounce, his head snapped behind him, seeing the ball mid-air, and a shadow leaping. kakucho took a jump and dunked the ball.

as though they want rindou to taste his own medicine, the whole tenjiku team cheered for the red-eyed male, who shoots rindou a discrete yet arrogant smirk, "NICE ONE, HITTO!"

ran and hanma were the ones laughing loudly, pushing each other as they did so, when rindou approached their coach with a bullied look, "that's cheating!"

"tanga ka. cheating na pinagsasabi mo?" (stupid. what do you mean cheating?) the manager sassed, smacking her clipboard on the boy's head, earning a whine.

the six players were ushered back into their positions, rindou's team now being the offense. ever so cocky, he did tricks with the ball, namely dribbling it fast and hard, crossing it under his crotch, and many more that made both the coach and manager shake their head.

ran calmed himself from laughing too much, wiping the tears on the corner of his eyes.

for the nth time, he glanced at the door. he only told the blond to wash his hands because he didn't want the teen to catch the germs and stickiness from his sweat. but the boy never came back. they were all done with their drills and warm-ups but the yellow-haired boy was nowhere to be found.

"who you looking for?" ran felt a nudge on his side, hanma glancing between ran and the open doors of the gym.

"bebe kong mapagmahal." (my baby) ran answered distractedly, his gaze lingering on the door before he looked back to the court, then to his clasped hands, "he's still not back." he mumbled as he took the bottle of water between his shoes.