35 - Cuddles...

Meadow woke early the next morning, sensing herself resting on something soft and cushioned, though it was moving up and down softly like a live mattress.

When her eyes opened, she found herself resting sideways on Ash's lap, and he was still sound asleep, back propped up against the headboard of his bed.

She smiled and nestled into his grasp, making him stir as he held his arms around her, but when she decided to get up to do something more useful than sleep, his arms tightened around her.

"What are you doing awake?" he said groggily, and she looked up to find his eyes slightly parted as he gazed down at her. "Go back to sleep."

"I don't want to go back to sleep," she stated, making him exhale a sigh.

But he held her tightly, pushing her head to his chest with a free hand as he nuzzled his face in her hair. "Too bad."

"Ash," she protested.

"Don't get up," he pleaded softly. "I want you to stay here with me."

She sank back into him, giving up. "Fine."

Since she remembered him from the past, she knew they did this countless times, so it didn't seem as nerve racking as it did when she asked him about it before-when she was still confused about the relationship.

She still was confused honestly-even though she remembered him-she didn't know where their relationship stood even now. But she still sank back into him, knowing she would get answers later; she just had to be patient.

When she nestled into his hold and closed her eyes, she smiled.

I'm okay with this.