Chapter 8

[A/N: I'm sorry probably 25% of this chapter was indirectly written by Han Jisung (credits to Genius lyrics again). And it's a shorter chapter but probably the most dramatic so far. I can't read the ending without cackling. Enjoy!]

With you being so irresistibly charming
I should have looked away, yet I'm mesmerized again

The events after his final encounter with Jisung are all blurry to Minho.

As soon as he left the campus, he was pulled into a sleek black car rather roughly, treatment not befitting a prince. He doesn't complain, though, too numb to care about the mild pain. Of course, the person who manhandles him into the vehicle is no other than Park Jinyoung.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" the politician growls once Minho is buckled in and unable to escape again.

Minho shrugs. "Nothing anymore."

Jinyoung barks out a furious laugh. "'Nothing'? You disappeared from a festival that thousands of people from all over the world attended! You caused an uproar - pure anarchy! Your disappearance has stirred up a massive shitstorm that I've had to clean up!"

Minho shrugs in dismissal again. "Can't say I feel bad."

Jinyoung punches the interior of the car door on his side. "You have absolutely no idea of the scale of trouble you caused."

Minho sighs. "Well, look. I don't know how, but you found me. You're taking me back. You can tell everyone I'm safe and sound. Everything's fine."

Jinyoung laughs bitterly again. "No. No it is not fine. But you will help me make it fine."

Minho finally makes eye contact with the bastard. "What do you want?"

"You're getting married. Tomorrow."

Minho sits up straight, alarm and horror coursing through him just from those few words. From anyone else's mouth, Minho would have thought that declaration was just a cruel joke. But since the speaker is Park Jinyoung, Minho knows the man is completely serious.

"What are you talking about? You can't do that!" Minho cries.

It's mad. There's no time to plan a royal wedding. Neither Minho nor Rachel are prepared for this. Minho knows how desperate Park Jinyoung is, but he could never have predicted the insane extent of the politician's impetuosity.

Jinyoung grins, unhinged. "I've already planned it. I've been making preparations for the past few months. Now you've gone and caused all this chaos. You've forced me to exact my plans much earlier than expected."

"So you're just gonna announce to the public that suddenly Prince Minho is completely ready for a marriage he's been putting off for the past year?" Minho scoffs. "I get that this is a publicity stunt, but it'll just look suspicious and more forced than it already is."

Jinyoung tuts like he's scolding a child. "My dear prince, you have no idea how beneficial the wedding will be to you. It won't seem suspicious or 'forced' as you put it. It can be used as an excuse for your disappearance today: you got the wedding blues, and the added emotional strain from the reminder of Subin's death took its toll on you, so you couldn't bear to be in public. You'll make a live TV appearance explaining just that - and you will be the one to announce your wedding. The people will sympathise with you. And with the announcement that you will finally be married, the public will celebrate! It will be a joyous occasion for everyone."