-CHAPTER 4-

-Minji-

It's Saturday today, and for once, there's no annoying school to attend. I've decided to treat myself today at the arcades. Karina and Wonyoung are busy with their own stuff, so I'll be going alone this time. I realized it was only 8 am, a time of day I rarely witnessed. Normally, my Saturdays started around 1 pm to 3 pm, after being on my phone for hours and slept until the afternoon.

I drag myself out of bed and go through my usual morning routine - washing my face, brushing my teeth, taking a quick shower, picking out some casual clothes, and doing my skincare. As I step out of my room, the mansion's hallway is quiet, just like it always is when my parents are away. They're hardly ever home, and it feels like I'm living in a vast, empty castle.

Heading downstairs, I encounter some maids cleaning the grand mansion. They busied themselves, ensuring every corner was clean. They quickly greet me with polite smiles and bows, going about their duties diligently. It's strange how I'm surrounded by people, yet I feel so alone most of the time.

My personal maid approaches me with a warm smile. "Good morning, Lady Minji. Your breakfast is ready," she says, bowing respectfully before leaving me to enjoy my meal in loneliness.

Sitting at the luxury dining table, I try to shake off the lingering sense of emptiness. I guess this is just how it's always been - me, living in this extravagant place with all the luxuries money can buy, but lacking the warmth and connection that truly makes a home.

As I finish my breakfast, I decide to take a stroll in the mansion's garden before going to the arcade since it is still early in the morning. The crisp morning air feels refreshing against my skin, and I find comfort in the beauty of nature surrounding me. It's moments like these that I treasure the most - when I can forget about school, about expectations, and just be myself, even if I'm all alone. After strolling around the garden, I decided to go to the arcades since they were probably open. I grabbed my bag and bid my goodbyes to the maids before heading out. I decided just to walk today since I need some exercise.

As I entered the arcade I was welcomed by a loud noise of the people playing in the arcade. "It is still 10 in the morning how the hell there is so many people playing at this time" I thought before going to the cashier to charge my arcade card.

The arcade was full of excitement, as I was surrounded by flashing lights and familiar music. The air was filled with a noise of cheers and laughter that mixed with the sounds of coins clinking and buttons being punched. I had already given myself completely to the games in an effort to remove my attention from the haunting thoughts.

My fingers skillfully navigated the controls as I strolled through the arcade, my eyes darting from game to game. As I looked for comfort in the pixels and the problems they provided, the world around me started to disappear.

Suddenly, the familiar sound of the entrance bell chimed through the arcade, interrupting the tune of beeps and blips. I glanced in that direction, my heart skipping a beat as Kang Haerin and a good-looking man beside her entered. Their laughter blended with the energy in the room, giving them an air of comfort.

Despite my best efforts to hide my feelings, I felt a wave of jealousy. I watched them from a distance while mumbling to myself that I was wishing for them. Haerin's sincere and radiant smile toward the man sparked something inside of me that I was unable to control.

As I continued playing the game, I observed them from a distance, Haerin's smile, genuine and radiant, directed toward the man, sparks jealousy in me that I struggled to contain. With each passing second, my curiosity and longing grew.

Unable to resist any longer, I stepped closer interrupting their moment, both of them seem shock especially Haerin who is looking at me with her eyes wide opened. My hand reached out, capturing Haerin's wrist in a firm grip. The world around us seemed to fade into the background as I guided her away from the games and the noise, seeking a moment of privacy amidst the chaos.

Haerin turned to face me, surprise and confusion etched on her features. "Who is that boy, Haerin?" I asked, my words laced with a mixture of jealousy and frustration.

Haerin expression change as she hear my question like she don't fear me and I didn't do anything bad to her
"Why" she replied to me with a cold and distant voice while looking directly to my eyes. She is completely a different person right now compare to the Haerin who is happily laughing with someone earlier.

The intensity of my emotions pushed me to the edge, causing my frustration to bubble over. "Who is THAT boy?" I repeated, my voice rising in volume as I emphasized the word "that.". Haerin's expression remained unchanged, her gaze unwavering. Her reply cut through the tension like a knife. "He has nothing to do with you, Minji. So why do you need to know?" Her words landed with an icy coldness, a firm reminder that I had no claim over her personal life.

A mixture of anger and hurt swirled within me, yet I couldn't deny the truth in Haerin's words. The distance she maintained, the barrier she erected between us, served as a constant reminder of the pain I had cause upon her. The realization weighed heavily on my conscience, leaving me momentarily speechless.

In that charged moment, silence enveloped us, punctuated only by the sounds of the bustling arcade. The truth of Haerin's response echoed in the depths of my mind, forcing me to confront the consequences of my actions. The realization that my jealousy had driven me to this point, where I was willing to drag her away, struck me with a profound sense of shame.

Wordlessly, I released Haerin's arm, stepping back before uttering the word "I'm sorry." I quickly looked away, unable to meet her gaze any longer. As she was walking away, she suddenly turned to me and said, "About the interview project, I chose to interview the basketball team since they recently won a tournament. I hope it's okay with you; just contact me on my social media to talk about the interview." Then she walked away without saying another word.

To be continued