-CHAPTER 10-

"Why does time fly so fast?" Minji pondered, closing the laptop after their successful interview presentation. "Both of you, Ms. Kim and Ms. Kang, your reports are excellent. You have nothing to worry about. Thank you for your time and hard work," congratulated their professor as the whole class applauded.

Minji happily jumped around, relieved that her 'peaceful life distraction' had ended, while Haerin smiled and clapped for another victory. "Haerin, congrats! You did well," Minji said, giving her a thumbs up. "Let's go out later to celebrate, okay?" she suggested with a clap, unknowingly transferring some chalk onto Haerin's hand.

"You'll forever annoy my soul, won't you?" Haerin sighed, rolling her eyes as she dusted off the chalk. "That wasn't intentional; I wrote on the board earlier," Minji explained. "It better be true, or I might reconsider going out with you," Haerin teased.

As Haerin dusted off the chalk from her hand, Minji grinned mischievously. "Well, you better consider going out with me because we need to celebrate!" Minji insisted, wrapping an arm around Haerin's shoulder.

Haerin shot her a suspicious look but couldn't help but smile at Minji's enthusiasm. "Fine, but no more chalk surprises," she warned.

"Deal!" Minji agreed, dragging Haerin along to Wonyoung and Karina, who looked annoyed.

Meanwhile, Wonyoung and Karina were a bit shocked at Minji, who was dragging Haerin with her. "We aced the interview! Thanks to these two geniuses," Minji declared, gesturing towards Haerin and herself.

Wonyoung blinked rapidly, while Karina awkwardly congratulated them. "Oh... well, congratulations." Haerin, not a fan of interaction or taking compliments, was waiting for the right time to run away from these people who were surely awkward in her presence.

Luckily, she spotted Danielle walking their way. As Danielle approached them, she instantly yanked Minji's grip off Haerin's arm. "Let's go," she said to Haerin, smiling.

Danielle's protective demeanor irritated Minji, but she managed to hide it behind a forced smile. "Sure, go save the day, Danielle." Said Minji.

Haerin shot Minji a warning look, and they walked away, leaving Wonyoung, Karina, and Minji in an awkward silence. As they walked away, Danielle shot a disapproving look at Minji sticking her tounge out and mouthing ' She's mine ' that caught Minji's attention.

"So, where should we celebrate?" Karina inquired, prompting Minji to suggest a party, eliciting laughter from Wonyoung. "Imagine throwing a party after making Haerin do all the work, and you just do the presentation thingy," Wonyoung teased, continuing to laugh.

"At least I contribute a little to our work," Minji defended herself, mumbling the last words. As they walked down the hallway, Minji couldn't shake off the thought of what Danielle had said earlier. 'She's mine? What does she mean?' it suddenly hit her.

"Do you know Danielle?" Minji asked, catching the attention of the two engaged in light banter. "That girl who always clings to Haerin's arm and is always with her?" Karina inquired, and Minji hummed in response. "Yeah, why?" Karina questioned.

"Does she like someone?" Minji asked, glancing at the two, and Wonyoung smirked. "Why are you interested in her, romantically?" Wonyoung teased Minji. "Ew, no. It's just that she is too close to Haerin," Minji defended.

"Someone's jealous," Karina laughed then Minji just roll her eyes as the three of them walk to washroom.
Minji, Karina, and Wonyoung stopped to touch up their makeup in a washroom. They were laughing and joking around as they got ready, and the mysterious sound that lingered in the background made them even more curious.