Chapter 6

Fuck, did I really just text her? Why the fuck did I do that? My loneliness and whiskey do not mix well together. I could be sitting in a VIP room at one of my clubs, with a dancer on my lap. But instead, I sat in my office attempting to work. 

My office was dark, three out of four walls were a dark brown, the fourth wall was covered in brick wallpaper, each wall was lined with dark maple wood trim, the freshly waxed floor glistened from the light, a huge glass chandelier hung above my desk, two black leather chairs sat in front of my dark mahogany desk, a black leather loveseat sat in the corner of the room, and a huge safe filled with various weapons sat behind my desk. The aroma of the room filled my nose with cigars, whiskey, and my musky cologne. 

My hand outstretched for a bottle of Blanton's Original, pouring the golden brown liquid into my ice-filled glass. I lifted the glass to my lips, parting them slightly allowing the drink to enter my mouth. The cold liquid made its way down my throat, leaving a burning sensation. Setting my glass down on a coaster, I grabbed one of the many scattered papers that were spread across my desk. I began reading the paper but ended up losing focus. 

I let out a loud sigh, dropping the paper on my desk. I grabbed my glass of whiskey, throwing back the rest of the liquid. I stared at the empty glass in my hand and began to space out. 

My mind thought back to the night Maeve and I shared together in my bed. Maeve was different from all my past hookups, she tried to be in charge; and didn't want me to do all the work. The way she pushed me back onto the bed and settled her ass into my lap. Her hips rolled into my large bulge, which was hidden by my thin pair of boxers. Her irresistible vanilla scent, her loud moans that filled my room, her plump lips wrapped around my thick cock, the way she took all of me into her mouth and pussy, and don't get me started about how good her pussy tasted. 

I wanted Maeve, I needed Maeve. I wanted all of her, I craved for her to be mine. I don't want any other man to have her, or even look at her. I will kill any mother fucker who lays their greedy eyes on Maeve. Maeve had no idea, but she had me wrapped around her finger. I would do anything for that woman. I know I need to stop thinking about her, but I couldn't help myself. 

I was snapped back into reality when my phone vibrated against the desk. I grabbed the phone immediately, flipping the screen towards me. Maeve's number lit across the screen, she had answered my text.