Chapter Six - Hair Clips, Dance, and Some Revelations

As promised, Jimin arrives at the music club around lunchtime, and he sees more people there than before. Some seem to be members, scattered around the room, either talking to others or playing an instrument of their choosing. And, of course, Yoongi is there, too, with many people surrounding him, making Jimin stare in shock. When Yoongi said that some students visit him sometimes, this is not what Jimin expected. He didn’t expect Yoongi to be that popular.

“Sunbae!” Yoongi calls from the middle of the crowd, waving at Jimin excitedly with a big smile on his face.

Jimin smiles and waves back as he makes his way to Yoongi, pushing through the crowd until he reaches the middle, where Yoongi is seated. Everyone seems to be surprised as they watch the interaction. They probably didn’t know Jimin and Yoongi even knew each other. Jimin is pretty well-known too, but because of his dancing and not because everyone is just attracted to him. Jimin thinks he’s an amazing dancer. That’s something he can be confident about. He’s on par with Hoseok when it comes to dancing with the team, and he even does solo performances for himself and the university. He’s easily one of the best dancers in the entire department. So he’s not ashamed to stand next to Yoongi, who seems to be a very famous person based on the number of people surrounding him right now for god knows what reason.

“Here, Jimin-Sunbae. You can sit next to me,” Yoongi says, patting the empty seat beside him.

“Thanks, Yoongi,” Jimin replies, taking the seat Yoongi is offering. He looks around at the people surrounding them. “Are these your friends?”

Yoongi laughs softly. “I guess you can say that. They spend a lot of time here.” He looks at the crowd as well to address them. “This is my friend, Jimin-Sunbae. Please treat him well, too.”

The girls nod eagerly, and just like that, they are getting closer and closer, reaching for Yoongi’s hair and styling it with their numerous hair accessories. Jimin observes how there are even men around them watching, but they’re not making fun of Yoongi. No, they seem really happy and excited to be here, and they seem to genuinely find Yoongi cute, throwing praises here and there. This is a scene that Jimin never imagined he would witness his whole life. People are always judging and making fun of him, telling him that he looks like a girl and that he wouldn’t be considered a man even if he tries. But these girls are here, using those pretty hair accessories on Yoongi, and these guys around them are cooing and complimenting him. He seems so loved and accepted, and Jimin wants that too.

“Do you want to try them, too?” Yoongi asks kindly once he notices how Jimin is staring at him. He has a ridiculous amount of hair clips and pins on his hair, but he looks so adorable with them. They do not look unpleasant to him at all like Jimin thought it would be if a man wears something made for women. And Jimin sees Yoongi’s smile and his kind eyes, which are looking at Jimin and patiently waiting for Jimin to answer as he holds a single hair clip - a little thing that intimidates Jimin way too much for its size.

Jimin swallows nervously, and after taking a deep breath, he finally nods to answer Yoongi’s question. Yoongi smiles widely. The girls move away to give them space, watching their interaction in awe.

Jimin leans closer to Yoongi, and Yoongi reaches for his hair to put the hair clip on Jimin with so much determination. When Jimin hears the clasp lock in place, Jimin looks at Yoongi nervously and then at the crowd, fearing that they will ridicule him for even trying it on.

“Just as I thought. Looks pretty on you, Sunbae.” Yoongi giggles. Jimin hears the rest of the crowd agree with Yoongi, throwing compliments about his features and making Jimin feel the need to cry. He’s never felt so… accepted before. And he only met Yoongi yesterday!