Chapter Four - The First Clash

When Hoseok and Yoongi arrive at the music club, Hoseok can already tell who Kim Namjoon is despite never ever seeing the man before. He can tell that it is him because this man is the only one isolated from the rest of the club, seated on one side of the room all alone while the others are grouped away from him and talking cheerfully amongst themselves. Maybe some information Hoseok heard about Namjoon was rumors, but him being feared by his peers must be accurate based on what Hoseok is seeing here so far. Well, except for Yoongi. Yoongi definitely doesn't look afraid of Namjoon.

"Yoongi," Namjoon calls as they approach him, smiling at Yoongi and pulling a chair close to him, patting it lightly as if telling Yoongi to take a seat, which Yoongi happily does.

"Oh, Hoseok-Hyung, here, you should take a seat too," Yoongi says upon noticing that Hoseok is still standing, pulling another chair from the side and placing it right in front of him and Namjoon.

"Thanks, Yoongi," Hoseok says in gratitude, smiling warmly at Yoongi, who also smiles at him in return.

"You know each other?" Namjoon asks, looking at Hoseok suspiciously. Now, Hoseok doesn't like that look. Why is Namjoon looking at him as if he thinks he's a bad person when they haven't even spoken a word to each other yet? And Hoseok doesn't have a bad reputation. His reputation is excellent, actually. Everyone around him likes him, as far as he can tell. He has never done anything to offend anyone. He always treats people kindly. He definitely does not deserve that suspicious glare.

“Yeah, Hoseok-Hyung came here yesterday looking for you. He wanted to offer you something related to music. I think it’s an excellent offer Namjoon-Hyung,” Yoongi tells Namjoon, looking genuinely excited just thinking about the opportunities waiting for Namjoon and how much he deserves all of them because of how talented he is.

“What offer? And why did he have to talk to you and not me?” Namjoon asks, looking even more suspicious this time. Hoseok just stares at him in surprise because what’s with the hostility?!

“Oh, well, you weren’t here when he came, so I offered to introduce him to you. It’s a really good offer, Namjoon-Hyung. You should totally give it a try.” He then turns to Hoseok, smiling at him encouragingly. “Go and tell him, Hyung.” He even reaches forward to place a hand on Hoseok’s arm. He probably noticed that Hoseok seemed a little nervous, and he wanted to give him as much comfort as he possibly could.

Hoseok does notice how Namjoon’s gaze lingers on the spot where Yoongi’s hand is touching Hoseok, though. Okay, Hoseok thinks something is going on here, but he’ll address that later once the important topic is discussed.

“I’m Jung Hoseok. I’m from the dance club, and I’m the captain,” Hoseok introduces himself first. Maybe a little introduction will help Namjoon feel a bit more comfortable. Well, at least maybe hate him a bit less than he does now. “And our team is looking for someone who can create an original song for us to dance to - something that represents the university because it will be used for the competition. Someone told us that you’re the best student in the music department and that you have a lot of experience and potential, so we were hoping that you’d help us - for the university. And oh, don’t worry. We’ll definitely pay you for the song. You can talk to our coach about this in more detail if you’re interested, which I hope you are because we really need your help.”

Namjoon stares at him with disinterested eyes. Hoseok loses all hope. It’s pretty apparent what Namjoon’s decision is. “I’m not interested,” Namjoon replies bluntly. “You should look for another person to make that song for you because I’m not doing it.”

“Well, can I at least ask why-”

“I don’t like you,” Namjoon tells him while looking straight into his eyes. “And I would really appreciate it if you would stop bothering me and Yoongi and forcing him to do these things for you. I’m not interested. We’re done talking.”