1

Smiling Gloom.

The wind blows, rummaging through her hair and displacing it from the stillness. She sits still unbothered by the wind and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. She has been here, once as well, thinking of doing what she was about to do now but never could. It is different today. She slowly gets up, removes her bag and empties her pockets into the it, takes a long hard breath and runs over.

Splash!

In a second, she opens her eyes but all she sees is bubbles foaming over and slowly she feels the throbbing pain of water flowing through her nose to her head and she opens her mouth to swallow the salt water. Her body sways in and

Thud!

She hits her head on a rock of the reef and slowly falls asleep. As she closes her eyes she smiles, she thinks.

Finally.

Rewinding her days, though this has always been on her mind, it never showed on her face. She was looking happy. Always smiling. On that day specifically she got an email to a prestigious university abroad to pursue her career in teaching. Thats something she has wanted to be. A professor, a lecturer but after that one thing she lost all. The real bubble of joy, the ecstatic feeling of achievement and the undying passion to just learn and learn new things. She lost herself completely.

When she got the email today, she told her parents, her siblings and went out saying shell be back soon. Little did they know, she has decided not to be back.

This all started with a love story. You know how everyone thinks theres only sad sacrificial love stories where the man is the protagonist, this is her being the protagonist of such a story. People would say its stupid and idiotic of her to take such drastic actions but still nobody would empathize with her. She has always tried to be considerate to everyone since nobody did to her. The only words she ever heard from anyone she trusted and told her problems to was either stupid or crazy. Little did they know she was going mad in her head but not a slightest idea was shown on her face.

Just like every other day, she woke up to her alarm. She never knew why she kept so many of them. She never woke up on time. It was either the sudden notion that just pops up in her head that if she didnt get up, she is going to be late to work or to college.