Chapter 25: The Girl's Evening Out

Sleep is an emotional reset. I don't feel as bumped as yesterday. It's easier to think of something else. And, when I remember that I have some venison to sell from yesterday, I grab my stuff and go.

Despite of what I've heard, I don't see anyone actively searching for someone. Anyone. The streets of Hell are as they were before. Which isn't necessarily a relief.

Half a day I hunt, keeping my mind empty of remorse. The other half I sell todays and yesterday's meat. I save a wild boar for the hotel, keeping Charlie's sweet smile in my mind.

When I return to the hotel, I find Angel on the verge of leaving. Well, as quickly as he can be when he's flirting with Husk. The latter one looks seriously like he wants to kill the spider demon.

"What are you doing, Angel?" I ask him jovial.

"Hi, Elsa!" he turns to me. I see my nickname stuck. "D'you wanna join me, Charlie, Vaggie, and Cherri?"

"Where?"

"A girl's night - I mean an evening out," he smiles.

"Plus you," I point out.

"Plus me," he winks.

"I suppose I don't have anything else to do..." I look around me for the effect. I see a couple of sinners near the fireplace, testing it with different substances. After one tiny explosion, I decide on going as fast as possible. "Yeah, let's go!" After one moment, though, I remember Niffty. "Wait! Isn't Niffty going to join us?"

"She's too young!" Angel waves his hand. "Let her entertain Husky here!"

Husk mutters something while Angel offers his arm to me like a merry girl.

I offer my arm instead and he simply takes it. We exit the hotel to see Charlie and Vaggie, arm in arm. Looking different than usual.

"Diana!" Charlie comes to hug me. Awkwardly still, I pat her back until she releases me. "I've wanted to invite you myself, but I couldn't find you!"

"Lucky me I've stumbled upon Angel," I smile at the spider.

"When's Cherri coming?" Vaggie asks Angel without emotion.

"She'll meet us there," Angel simply says.

"Is this a sane idea?" Vaggie means to whisper to Charlie, but we all hear her. "Leaving everyone without any supervision? I hope we won't find the hotel burnt down."

A burning corpse flashes before my eyes.

"Relax, Vaggie," Charlie embraces her. "I left Al a note. Also, we're returning for dinner."

We start strolling on the streets of Hell in two pairs. I watch the girls whispering sweetly at each other.

"So, tell me, toots," Angel asks me. "Are ya considerin' an acting career?"