The Nightmare Below.. : A Backroom Horror Story.

The night was pitch black. Sarah had stepped out for a late-night walk and found herself falling into a deep, seemingly bottomless hole. She was terrified, but as she hit the ground and opened her eyes, she realized she was in a strange place, called "The Backrooms."

As she tried to get her bearings, she found herself in a maze of yellow-tiled walls and flickering fluorescent lights. The air was thick and musty, with a strange, unearthly smell that sent chills down her spine.

Sarah stumbled forward, hoping to find a way out, but she was quickly met with a dead end. Suddenly, she heard something moving in the darkness, the sound of heavy footsteps and shuffling growing louder by the second. Sarah froze, her heart pounding in her chest as she held her breath, praying that whatever was following her wouldn't find her.

But just as she thought the worst was over, a figure emerged from the darkness. It was tall and imposing, with long, gangly arms and no distinguishing features on its face. Sarah screamed, but the figure only seemed to get closer, its arms reaching out for her. She closed her eyes, waiting for the worst, and then...

...she woke up, gasping for breath, back in her bed. It was all a nightmare, she told herself. Just a bad dream. But as she lay there, her heart still pounding and her mind reeling from the fear, she couldn't shake the feeling that she wasn't alone in her room.