Chapter 2

Dahyun's POV

I got home after a long day at the university. My eyes are getting droopy by the second. I even almost fallen asleep on the bus earlier. Luckily, I didn't or else I would've missed my stop.

My tiredness was immediately washed away when I was tackled with a hug by my 3-year old daughter, as soon as I opened the door.

"Mommy! You're back!" She happily exclaimed with that adorable voice of hers.

She looked up to me and raised her arms up. I chuckled as I immediately get what she's signalling to me.

I picked her up and started carrying her inside the living room after locking the door. Even though she's practically just 2ft and inches shorter than me.

Dana just turned 3 this June 1. I can't believe my baby daughter is growing up so fast.

"Welcome home, sweetie." My parents greeted me as I passed by them.

I gave them a smile and gave my adorable munchkin to my mom, "I'll just go and change my clothes. Keep an eye on Dana for me, mom. I'll be right back."

Mom gave me a nod and started playing with my daughter. They look so equally ridiculous, it's cute.

I went upstairs to take a quick bath and change into more comfortable clothes.

Whenever I open my closet, I would see the white t-shirt, that Sana gave to me before she left, is hanging on the doorway of the closet.

Which is also why my expression would immediately drop once I get a sight of that shirt.

I sighed and picked up one of my oversized shirts and closed the closet.

It's been 3 years, Dahyun...

I keep telling myself that yet I would just think about her over and over again.

I wore my shirt and put on some black shorts then went downstairs to go and bond with my family.

Before I sat down beside them, I went to the fridge to go and get some water.

As I took a sip from the glass, I choked upon hearing the news from our television.

"Minatozaki heiress to tie the knot the the Maeda's heir"

Mom instantly looked at my direction, her eyes filled with worry as she observed my expression.

I gave her an assuring smile even though it hurts like hell on the inside.

"Mommy, she looks so prettyyy!" I heard my daughter pointed out at the television screen.

Dad immediately shifted the news TV to a local basketball game live, making Dana cry.

I went to pick up my daughter and tried to comfort her to stop her from crying.

"Shh, Danaaa. Don't worry, we'll watch YouTube videos on my phone instead. You love those, right?"

That did the trick and she stopped crying, but her little sobs still lasted.

I just took Dana to my bedroom and plopped her down on my bed. I opened the YouTube app on my phone then gave it to her after so she could watch her favorite cartoons.

Her sobs had subsided and shifted to laughter as she enjoys her show on my phone.

I smiled as I look at my precious daughter. She had been the one to give me the happiness that I need after Sana.

I couldn't help but notice how visible Sana's features are on Dana. From her big and adorable eyes, those cute hamster cheeks and her face shape just resembles that woman. Meanwhile, Dana got my pale complexion, nose, lips, and smile.