Chapter 17

Dahyun's POV

Honestly, I didn't know where we're going. But as soon as we reached our destination within just a few minutes, Dana's eyes sparkled with excitement, and she clapped her tiny hands together.

"Yay! Park, park!" she cheered.

Sana parked her car nearby and we all exited her car. But of course, this woman never forgets to assist me and Dana out, opening the car door for us, like the perfect partner she is.

She went behind her car and opened the trunk, taking out a huge blanket, before closing it down.

"Let's go sit down by that tree so that we'll be able to shade ourselves from the sun. Also, the breeze will be a lot cooler from there." Sana suggested, taking Dana's left hand.

She shot me a glance, gesturing to do the same with our daughter's other hand, which I did.

We would've looked a lot more like a one happy family if it wasn't for the fact that I'm still wearing my uniform while Sana has a semi-formal outfit.

She looked a lot more like my sugar mommy, to be honest...

Once we've approached the huge tree, Sana laid down her blanket underneath its shade.

"I have to admit, I didn't have the time to prepare since I suddenly thought of the idea to bring you two in this park." Sana awkwardly chuckled.

I already know that she's putting a lot of effort into treating and taking us out bond together, in able to be much closer to Dana and get to know her better. Which same goes for our little girl to her.

But honestly, knowing Dana, she's already fond of her before they even actually met in person. It wouldn't really be a struggle for Sana to win her heart as her parent.

"It's okay, Auntie Sana! Thank you for bringing mommy and I here!" Dana happily stated as she barely reached Sana's waist to give her an embrace.

She way too tall for her to hug properly, which made me laugh slightly at the sight.

Seeing Dana struggle from reaching her out to give her a hug, Sana picked up our daughter and gave her a wide smile.

"You're most welcome, Dana. I'm glad you like my choice of place to hang out."

Dana gave Sana a kiss on the cheek before putting her down. Once her feet touched the ground, she started running around the park like the most joyful and adorable kid she is.

We sat down at the blanket that Sana laid down and watched over Dana as she approaches the slide near our spot. Luckily this park has a playground or else, our child would've been super bored right now.

Now that Sana and I are alone together, I took the opportunity to hold her hand and lean against her shoulder. Feeling the warmth as I scoot closer to her, just made me stare at a distance and enjoyed our moment together.

"Comfy?" I heard Sana asked from beside me.

"Mhm." I nodded and she kissed the top of my head after.

It feels as if we just first had our date ever together.

"You really raised Dana well. Sorry I wasn't able to be there for you when you gave birth to her. You must've been cursing at me as you take care of her by yourself." Sana mumbled and chuckled as she said those words. After that, I felt her head lean against mine as well.

Either she must've been very tired from her work or she's just as comfy as I am beside her.

"I've told you already, Sana. You don't have to apologize. I now understand the sacrifice you had to put through just to be able to go back to me; to us. Knowing that you're still thinking about me, despite facing your own struggles... how could I even hate you for that?" I responded. My grip on her hand tightened as I assured her that we're already okay.